We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

PC Fatal error: Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')

Options
AntarasTV
AntarasTV Member Posts: 3
edited December 2023 in Bug Reporting

Hello there πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ

I have had a crash every now and then for a few months when I play various games. I currently play DBD regularly and I get this crash once a day. The lock time is then extended by 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 and currently I'm at 360 minutes.

Whether I'm playing as a killer or a survivor, within the first online match the game crashes and I get the crash within five minutes.

Fatal error: "[File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')"

I have already tried various solutions

• Disabled the integrated GPU chip on the CPU
  • removed the overclocking from the GTX 970, default
  • uninstalled the GPU itself via device manager, installed, restarted
  • Game uninstalled/reinstalled and checked for errors
  • Adjusted power options ( maximum performance )

Unfortunately, none of these attempts led to the desired result. All drivers are up to date, including the Windows 11 operating system.

Does anyone have any ideas? Waiting 6 hours to be able to play DBD is something I can only manage at the weekend, but that shouldn't be the solution.

By the way, as long as I have had the crash once and have not restarted the PC, I cannot get the crash again and the crash has not yet been triggered in the tutorial - but always in the online game.

Please send help. Thanks for reading!

Best regards 😊

1 votes

Declined Β· Last Updated

This seems to be a technical issue, if you still require assistance you can ask other forum users in the Ask the Community section ( https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/categories/ask-a-question) since we do not offer technical support on this platform.

This discussion has been closed.