Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lockers and Screaming Perks

sharpef3rn
sharpef3rn Member Posts: 111

First I should clarify that I am not sure 100% if this is a bug or not. I noticed this specifically in game with Friends til the End. I was down to the last two survivors and hooked the obsession but the obsession didnt change nor was there a scream. Reason being the only remaining survivor was in a locker, which explains the lack of scream but not the lack of change of the obsession. In addition I have noticed that if I am in a locker and the killer uses Ultimate weapon it again doesnt trigger. My understanding would be the blindness would still occur for the 30 seconds and if you were to reenter the killers terror radius after it does trigger. I looked through other perks and the only ones I could see possibly be effected by this are Thwack! and Hex: Face the Darkness, but I havent checked them out yet.

Issue: Killer perks that trigger a scream and secondary effect do not trigger the secondary effect if the survivor is inside a locker.

Perks known: Friends til the End and Ultimate Weapon.

Possible other perks: Hex: Face the Darkness and Thwack!

How to test: Hook the obsession survivor while the all non-obession survivors are either dead or in lockers. For Ultimate weapon easist way I could see is play ghostface. Have a survivor go into a locker and open the one next to it, activating ultimate weapon. Cloak. Have the survivor leave the locker, and see if they are still blinded for the remainder of the 30 seconds. Uncloak and see if they scream and become blinded for 30 seconds.

As I mentioned before I am not sure if this is a bug or not but it seems like it has to be. If the perks required the scream to activate and that is the reason for this Calm Spirit would be the part that is bugged because it is not providing the same protection against the scream perks mentioned but also Iron Maiden, Deathbound, and perhaps Surge and Pain Res.

In addition if lockers meant to protect against status effects on triggered events this would mean that Friends til the End (obsession edition) would be bugged because you still become exposed if you are in the locker at the time a survivor is getting hooked. Same with blood echo or maybe even rancor or barbaque and chili.

I mainly mention those other things because if this is not taken as a bug I would like to know what exactly is happening with these perks specifically and why they have a very unique interaction with lockers. Thank you.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.