[ALIEN] Devs, this needs to be reviewed ASAP because it is very frustrating

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

A few months ago I posted about the Alien hitbox and the decision to review and improve its hitbox has not yet been made. If any developer sees this, explain to me why this is so? IT MAKES NO SENSE, this is why Alien has disappeared from the game.

What happens to Alien's tail? Any time he hits a surface (obstacle, wall or ground) it will stop even if the survivor is in front of that obstacle.

So when you go after a survi and it decides to get next to a wall and you hit it, the tail will probably miss and the same will happen if the survivor crouches, because the tail will go to the ground and the blow will stop and you won't be able to hit it.

I HOPE AND WISH BHVR WILL LOOK AT THIS AND FIX IT IN THE NEXT PATCH, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO GO FOR 3 MONTHS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO PLAY ALIEN.

Comments

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

this is not alien hitbox being bad, it´s survivor hitbox being bad

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 656
    Options

This garbage is exactly why I gave up on xeno, which is a real shame since Alien is one of my favorite movies. Do better BHVR.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

Xeno's M2 works fine.

You and Otz refering to survivor's hitbox.

It was like that pretty much all the time, look at Huntress hatchets, Nemesis whip and etc.

The problem within the survivor's hitbox.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

Xeno’s M2 hitbox is confusing, because it’s based off of the middle of the screen, when Xeno ISN’T in crawler mode. This means that when Xeno crouches because it’s in crawler mode, the M2 hitbox starts higher than the middle of the screen.

This means that if Xeno is trying to hit something super close, they are supposed to aim much lower than they think they should be aiming.

Just to be clear, the M2 hitbox starts higher than the middle of the screen (when Xeno is in crawler mode), but is angled diagonally so that if Xeno is aiming at something farther away, that the hitbox eventually converges to the middle of the screen.

TD;LR Lowering the camera view for the killer, causes a whole bunch of issues, and the killer would be much better off if crawler mode didn’t change the camera view on the killer’s screen.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

No, something was happening to Chuck (was fixed), Alien when he lowers the camera a little more, if the tail hits any surface, the tail will prioritize the ground before the survivor, I know what I'm talking about. This happens in other places, walls and in chase that the survivor approaches a wall and you hit, the tail will prioritize on the wall, since if the tail hits any surface it will stop and not hit, this is a big problem.