The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

REASONABLE NERFS TO NOED AND ADRENALINE BUT BUFFS TO BRUTAL STRENGTH AND DEJA VU.

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Let's start with the scummy ones, NOED and Adrenaline. I run Adrenaline myself and I love it. I have since I was new back when it was considered trash by our community.

NOED- Complete rework, this was suggested by @Nickenzie:

No one Escapes Death:

Progress infuriates you beyond belief which calls upon your potential. Whenever a generator is completed, receive a 5%/10%/15% haste effect until you perform a successful offensive action. Every generator completed gives you a 2% attack cool down decrease which can stack. Movespeed bonuses from No one Escapes Death doesn't stack if multiple generators are completed simultaneously.

Adrenaline:

Remove the speed burst. (That's it)

I wrote these specific nerfs because they are counterparts, so if NOED gets nerfed, Adrenaline has to. Now Adrenaline will double the hits u take, and NOED will cut the hits you need in half.

Brutal strength:

40% 30% increase on pallet breaks and generator breaks. (This solves the so called 'issue' that people seem to think is a problem of you having to have an animation to kick a gen. Also makes Brutal strength a much better perk.)

Deja Vu:

Let it show you all the gens anyway with no cooldown and show you which ones are being repaired on from making the aura change (like the Wraith addon)

This will make both of them viable and actually playable.

I play both survivor and killer btw, atm I main survivor but that's because I went really bad so I started to play it more. I'm rank 2 survivor and rank 3 killer (going to push to rank 1 soon for both). Once I get the achievement, I am peacing out of red ranks forever. Green ranks had less killers/survivors bullying me lol.

Suggestions by @Eveline for Windows of Opportunity, and @The_Crusader for Overcharge.

Windows of Opportunity:

Remove the cooldown. (It can make this perk usable and viable on maps with basically no pallets like the Yamaoka estate.

I personally agree with @Eveline for this one since right now it's quite a boring perk. It's obviously meant to be for new players but it won't help unless they add this change since it wouldn't be broken because experienced players wouldn't need it.

Overcharge:

When you kick the gen, you give the survivors the difficult skillcheck AND you regress the gen 20% faster. This solves the issue of gens not regressing fast enough at all.

Post edited by Poweas on

Comments

• Poweas

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Okay calm down, don't touch adrenalin. It's my only hope if I get tunnelled in solo Q and reward is reasonable if u r alive so long. 

Ik but killers will cry if it's not nerfed. I don't want it to get nerfed myself, it's not that bad to deal with but killer mains get really, really mad if you don't nerf that but touch their sacred NOED.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Okay calm down, don't touch adrenalin. It's my only hope if I get tunnelled in solo Q and reward is reasonable if u r alive so long. 

The fact that you live until the last gen pops while being tunneled tells so much already

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

The fact that you live until the last gen pops while being tunneled tells so much already

Yup he's either really skilled, or the killer sucks.

Exactly, "either or" but instead you should have said "and"

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

Some people can loop a decent killer for a while though, too.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

And thats where the problem is

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    I wouldn’t hate this, but I also don’t like it. I like the ideas for the buffs. I just despise nerfs to perks across the board for either side. 
  • N_o
    N_o Member Posts: 28

Noed is fine. Did nobody play with OG Noed? If anything its a shell of its former self.

If you wanna change Adrenaline just nerf the sprint from 5 seconds to 3. So its a heal and a sb. But imo its fine as is. Very rarely do I think, Gosh that speed boost really screwed me over.

Brutal Strength tho idk about 40%. If they did change the speed probably cap it at 30%. I feel 40% would be way to zoommasterflex.

Deja Vu tho, solid buff idea. Would make it more useful than its current state for sure.

• Poweas

@N_o said:
    Noed is fine. Did nobody play with OG Noed? If anything its a shell of its former self.

If you wanna change Adrenaline just nerf the sprint from 5 seconds to 3. So its a heal and a sb. But imo its fine as is. Very rarely do I think, Gosh that speed boost really screwed me over.

Brutal Strength tho idk about 40%. If they did change the speed probably cap it at 30%. I feel 40% would be way to zoommasterflex.

Deja Vu tho, solid buff idea. Would make it more useful than its current state for sure.

Thanks for ur feedback.

• Poweas

@HeroLives said:
    I wouldn’t hate this, but I also don’t like it. I like the ideas for the buffs. I just despise nerfs to perks across the board for either side. 

Thanks for feedback.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Poweas said:

@HeroLives said:

Thanks for feedback.

Yeah for sure! They aren’t bad ideas and seem balanced also!
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Master said:

What do you mean?
    I'm playing since release and have tons of hours. You think I shouldn't run s killer long enuf if he "just" has some multiple Hundred hours? I mean, a legacy killer will stomp me for sure and the game sometimes ends with still all 5 gens up. Doesn't that tell a lot aswell? The coin has to sides tho.
    Also those long runs are only really possible against bad or just decent killers, not against good and professional killers. But the thing is, those killers who tunnel me and get 5 gen runned have NOED 99% of the time, so adrenaline without a speed boost is not worth it.
  • Poweas

bump.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Deja vu is pointless if you are experienced. I would buff wop, no cooldown.
  • Poweas

@Eveline said:

Wop? What's that?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    I agree. They obviously aren't going to nerf these perks to a reasonable level but something is better than nothing.

Also agree that 1 can't be nerfed without nerfing the other.

Not sure I agree with the deja vu and brutal strength buffs though.
  • Poweas

@The_Crusader said:
    I agree. They obviously aren't going to nerf these perks to a reasonable level but something is better than nothing.

I'm going to edit the Brutal strength change down to 30%. That'd be pretty reasonable.

• Eveline
    Poweas said:

@Eveline said:

Wop? What's that?

Windows of oportunity.
  • Poweas

@Eveline said:
    Poweas said:

@Eveline said:

Wop? What's that?

Windows of oportunity.

Ah yes. They honestly should. It'd make it a good perk and fix the issue with Yamaoka Estate having 9 pallets and being really difficult to loop. I agree. I'm going to add that.

• The_Crusader
    Poweas said:

@The_Crusader said:

I'm going to edit the Brutal strength change down to 30%. That'd be pretty reasonable.

I think they want it so that the survivor can still make it to the next pallet. So it's hard to increase the speed too much. Maybe 25%?

Or what if it did something else? You kick generators faster too? What if the idea was, the killer kicks rhe gen so hard with brutal strength that it makes the gens regress a little faster than the usual rate? It buffs the perk without messing with the pallet timing.
  • Poweas
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:

Poweas said:

@The_Crusader said:

>

I think they want it so that the survivor can still make it to the next pallet. So it's hard to increase the speed too much. Maybe 25%?

Or what if it did something else? You kick generators faster too? What if the idea was, the killer kicks rhe gen so hard with brutal strength that it makes the gens regress a little faster than the usual rate? It buffs the perk without messing with the pallet timing.

Actually yes. Makes it regress 10% faster. That's a really good idea actually and the 25% is a balanced one. I think it'd be usable but not OP. You're a smart person. Unlike me lol.

• Poweas

I added both ur suggestions @The_Crusader and @Eveline.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

And thats where the problem is

Yup. Some killers like Freddy can be as good as a god tier Nurse, but it's all dependant on the skill of the survivor.

if a killer really is that good of a player and they're playing a low-mid tier killer they'd most likely be running enduring with spirit fury, so that shouldnt be possible

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Actually NOED and Adrenaline are both perfectly fine and fair perks. Both are endgame tools which is why there are more powerfull then normal perks.

You better think of way to gut DS so it's not stronger then both combined as it is right now.

• Poweas

@Kebek said:
    Actually NOED and Adrenaline are both perfectly fine and fair perks. Both are endgame tools which is why there are more powerfull then normal perks.

You better think of way to gut DS so it's not stronger then both combined as it is right now.

DS is going to get reworked anyway. It's better to deal with the other 2 problems. Plus if you seriously think it's fair to try to judge how you can loop a 119% killer then that's just wrong.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@Poweas said:

Ik but killers will cry if it's not nerfed. I don't want it to get nerfed myself, it's not that bad to deal with but killer mains get really, really mad if you don't nerf that but touch their sacred NOED.

Nah, we aren't going to cry because no nerfs are coming to NOED. It doesn't matter if you like it. It doesn't matter if you don't want to be forced to cleanse totems. It is an end game perk that can be removed over the course of the game and that can be avoided by cautiously leaving the match. It isn't any more powerful than Make Your Choice or a number of addons and powers. You're just going to have to Git Gud and deal with it.

• Kebek

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

DS is going to get reworked anyway. It's better to deal with the other 2 problems. Plus if you seriously think it's fair to try to judge how you can loop a 119% killer then that's just wrong.

No, the fact that you can loop any killer is just wrong. Killers should be powerfull enough to pretty much win 1v1s faster then in 3+ minutes as it is right now if survivors don't suck. Fair chase should either end in downing the survivor or survivor jukes the killer and loses him. That's how it should be but unfortunatelly game in it's current state doesn't have that many mechanics to support such gameplay. I personally hope that in time devs will realise that looping as fair as it is right now isn't what chases should be centered about and rework it.

You are entitled to have your opinion but for me both NOED and Adrenaline are as fair as endgame perks can be. ( kinda unfair was old NOED that lasted forever and couldn't be disabeled in any way )

And promised DS nerf is taking forever. I'll be glad if we even get teased that it's coming in 2021.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Don't mess with my NOED and I won't mess with your silly adrenaline (I will down you anyway) 
  • Poweas

@Kebek said:

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

No, the fact that you can loop any killer is just wrong. Killers should be powerfull enough to pretty much win 1v1s faster then in 3+ minutes as it is right now if survivors don't suck. Fair chase should either end in downing the survivor or survivor jukes the killer and loses him. That's how it should be but unfortunatelly game in it's current state doesn't have that many mechanics to support such gameplay. I personally hope that in time devs will realise that looping as fair as it is right now isn't what chases should be centered about and rework it.

You are entitled to have your opinion but for me both NOED and Adrenaline are as fair as endgame perks can be. ( kinda unfair was old NOED that lasted forever and couldn't be disabeled in any way )

And promised DS nerf is taking forever. I'll be glad if we even get teased that it's coming in 2021.

I agree the old NOED was way too overpowered. But the current one makes killers way too fast. Plus the nerf I suggested is nowhere near what I actually want. I just listened to the community and came up with a less biased nerf idea.

• Poweas

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Poweas said:

Nah, we aren't going to cry because no nerfs are coming to NOED. It doesn't matter if you like it. It doesn't matter if you don't want to be forced to cleanse totems. It is an end game perk that can be removed over the course of the game and that can be avoided by cautiously leaving the match. It isn't any more powerful than Make Your Choice or a number of addons and powers. You're just going to have to Git Gud and deal with it.

I don't have a problem with NOED lul. But I won't bother lying and say I think it's balanced. Plus if NOED is so great and needs no nerfs, then same goes for adrenaline. Btw love ur name.

• Poweas

@RoKrueger said:
    Don't mess with my NOED and I won't mess with your silly adrenaline (I will down you anyway) 

Ok. But I still think they both should be nerfed.

• Poweas

I love how nobody discusses my buff ideas because they're too upset because of my ideas to nerf NOED. Seriously #########. I didn't even suggest as big a nerf to NOED and they're still sad.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

@Poweas said:
    I love how nobody discusses my buff ideas because they're too upset because of my ideas to nerf NOED. Seriously #########. I didn't even suggest as big a nerf to NOED and they're still sad.

It's pointless to discuss your ideas when they are sacrificing 1 of an army of good survivor perks for the 1 perk a killer has that can potentially turn around a gen rushed game. You keep your Adrenaline and we'll keep our NOED.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Poweas said:

People did discuss your buff ideas it's why you changed it from 40 to 25/30 and one person said the deja vu buff would make it way more useful although it would make maps redundant and be a massive buff to swf.
  • Kebek

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

I agree the old NOED was way too overpowered. But the current one makes killers way too fast. Plus the nerf I suggested is nowhere near what I actually want. I just listened to the community and came up with a less biased nerf idea.

Tbh I don't think it would actually matter if you nerfed it that way. If you get spotted by killer with NOED chases are someone is going down either way. Even without NOED getting chased by killer when gens get power most of the time will result in killer getting at least 1 more hook.

• Poweas

@starkiller1286 said:
    Poweas said:

People did discuss your buff ideas it's why you changed it from 40 to 25/30 and one person said the deja vu buff would make it way more useful although it would make maps redundant and be a massive buff to swf.

Crap i forgot. But everyone else ignores them. Do they agree with it or?

• Poweas

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Poweas said:

It's pointless to discuss your ideas when they are sacrificing 1 of an army of good survivor perks for the 1 perk a killer has that can potentially turn around a gen rushed game. You keep your Adrenaline and we'll keep our NOED.

Well my other 2 aren't even bad ideas but you're too defensive of NOED. Btw I play killer and survivors EQUALLY I got a decent understanding of the game and I've been talking with people on this forum for a while about all 4 perks so I made an idea of nerfs to ones they hate and an idea of buffs for the ones they feel are weak. I'm not even 'sacrificing' these perks they'd still be viable but you seriously got to play survivor and see how hard it is to predict a 119% killer.

My nerf idea that I personally want for NOED is for the kilers to have everyone hooked at least once.

Stop protecting your precious crutch. The devs need to solve the CORE problems (genrushing, DS, and after the game is in an excellent spot, Nurse.) Bandaid fixes like NOED are stupid. While they've nerfed it enough it's obviously not healthy for the game and should be removed. The reason they won't remove DS is because it's a perk of a CHARACTER. But noed can be removed.

Crutches like that aren't healthy. And while I may play both sides, I will never defend some op mechanics like you. I.e NOED, DS, Genrushing, Instaheals, Adrenaline (lots of people say its op). Just at least see stuff from the other side.

• Poweas

@Kebek said:

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

Tbh I don't think it would actually matter if you nerfed it that way. If you get spotted by killer with NOED chases are someone is going down either way. Even without NOED getting chased by killer when gens get power most of the time will result in killer getting at least 1 more hook.

So why not remove the movespeed buff. It's such a small nerf I can't believe people are crying over THAT.

• Eveline
    Because 4k
  • Poweas

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Poweas said:

If you think this idea is bad then check my old version of a nerf idea out https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33444/d-strike-and-noed/p1

• Kebek

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

@Poweas said:

@Kebek said:

So why not remove the movespeed buff. It's such a small nerf I can't believe people are crying over THAT.

Probably the same reason SB can't get 3s delay before triggering to remove the unfair aspect of stealing the hit from the killer.
    Crying will always happen if you nerf side that someone mains no matter how small the changes are. For example the exhaustion change wasn't even that significant and review boming that happened because of it was tottaly unjustified. Not saying that it didn't help killers out thou.

But still there are some changes happening to perks every now and then so we might see NOED or Adrenaline beiing revisited. Only the Devs know so we just gotta wait and see.

• The_Crusader
    edited February 2019
    Poweas said:

@The_Crusader said:

Poweas said:

@The_Crusader said:

>

Actually yes. Makes it regress 10% faster. That's a really good idea actually and the 25% is a balanced one. I think it'd be usable but not OP. You're a smart person. Unlike me lol.

Nah you definitely have some good ideas, we just need those people who know the DBD math and formulas to crunch the numbers and check the timing.

I do think a perk which increases generator regress time would be good, whether that's brutal strength or something else. It would pair nicely with Pop goes the weasel and may perhaps provide an alternative method to the Ruin crutch we have right now. Combining it with Surveillance and discordance you could have a full gen protector build.

I imagine then perhaps survivors would get their own form of Surveillance. They already have Alert I guess which is kind of the same, or perhaps something which shows regressing generators auras since SWF get that information for free e.g. "the killer is chasing me now but my gen was 95% complete, go tap it/finish it for me".
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

You can't remove the speed boost from NOED without replacing it with something else. Otherwise all 3 tiers grant the Exposed status so there is no difference in any tier and no reasn to waste BP on it.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Poweas said:

No adrenaline is fine.. its situational etc... do something with DS.... also are you saying Dejavu permanent?... like gens revealed always? Or what? Also I can make the argument that if WOO is permanent as well that itll become something.... idk like whispers.... when I play with whispers I was comfy but when I took it off I had too get used to playing without it... WOO would become exactly that... they should keep this way because it gives the newer player time to look over the map to have a chance of remembering what they layout just like how experienced players do it...
  • Poweas

@HatCreature said:
    You can't remove the speed boost from NOED without replacing it with something else. Otherwise all 3 tiers grant the Exposed status so there is no difference in any tier and no reasn to waste BP on it.

OH THATS WHY EVERYONE WAS SO MAD AT ME. What would you propose to be added in it? I am not really creative with NOED since I don't use it at all and I'm quite narrow minded. But you're a pretty good thinker, what would balance it across the tiers?

• Poweas

@The_Crusader said:
    Poweas said:

@The_Crusader said:

Poweas said:

@The_Crusader said:

Also agree that 1 can't be nerfed without nerfing the other. Not sure I agree with the deja vu and brutal strength buffs though.

>

Nah you definitely have some good ideas, we just need those people who know the DBD math and formulas to crunch the numbers and check the timing.

I do think a perk which increases generator regress time would be good, whether that's brutal strength or something else. It would pair nicely with Pop goes the weasel and may perhaps provide an alternative method to the Ruin crutch we have right now. Combining it with Surveillance and discordance you could have a full gen protector build.

I imagine then perhaps survivors would get their own form of Surveillance. They already have Alert I guess which is kind of the same, or perhaps something which shows regressing generators auras since SWF get that information for free e.g. "the killer is chasing me now but my gen was 95% complete, go tap it/finish it for me".

Yeah. Deja Vu would become that Surveillllance. Because you can see how close gens are to being completed. You and @HatCreature have seriously helped me see some awesome ideas.

• Poweas
    edited February 2019

@Bravo0413 said:

Poweas said:

No adrenaline is fine.. its situational etc... do something with DS.... also are you saying Dejavu permanent?... like gens revealed always? Or what? Also I can make the argument that if WOO is permanent as well that itll become something.... idk like whispers.... when I play with whispers I was comfy but when I took it off I had too get used to playing without it... WOO would become exactly that... they should keep this way because it gives the newer player time to look over the map to have a chance of remembering what they layout just like how experienced players do it...

If people use it always, it's not that bad really. They'll eventually let go of it, trust me. I used to be addicted to DS and Self care. I couldn't play without them, now I can do just as well without them as I could with them.

• Poweas

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Poweas said:

I apologise, as @HatCreature pointed out to me, I did not see how NOED would be useful on all tiers. Do you have suggestions for something to fill in for the movespeed bonus?