If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Onryō Rework | Thank you BHVR!

Options

Obviously I can only make a comment about the patch notes, since the PTB is not playable yet, but just based on the announced changes the upcoming version of Sadako really feels like what a lot of Onryō mains always wanted from the original iteration of the character. All of what made the first Sadako fun came back, the changes that the community suggested during the first rework's PTB were taken into consideration and implemented into the upcoming update, while still keeping some of the best parts of the current Onryō. It's shaping up to be a pretty much perfect version of the character, and I've already seen a lot of long-time Sadako mains agree.

Thank you BHVR for listening to the community's feedback, going as far as reverting an entire rework too!

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,227
    Options

I think they did a good job of making sure condemned is still good. I was worried they were just going to do a complete revert and condemened would go back to being irrelevant but this iteration looks like the best version of onryo yet.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

From the sounds of it she's pretty much back to how she used to be, only with hooking now 'locking in' condemned, which is a pretty cool change. We'll have to see if it's enough to keep condemned actually relevant though.

• aprilghost_yt
    aprilghost_yt Member Posts: 35
    Options

Came here to post the same. I cannot congratulate BHVR enough on these changes, they came up with elegant solutions to most of her problems. WELL. DONE!

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

It‘s great, hopefully I can finally be everywhere at all time again.

Does somebody know, whether she is still undetectable in demanifast?

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

it´s literally old sadako but the tape don´t give passive condemn, good i think

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 309
    Options

Yeah BHVR really nailed the head on this one and did an amazing job. I love practically all the changes. Will have to see what the add-ons look like and how it plays out on the PTB but overall great job BHVR.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 510
    edited January 8
    Options

They nerfed her back to old Sadako and made her iridescent addon a basekit.

Congrats, she is now a C- and D+ tier killer once again.

No cooldown on TP means nothing because she is still bad at chase. 16m range for condemnation applying means good luck building up condemnation on anyone without green addons. Survivors can grab and still carry a tape for safety and deposit it once their condemnation stacks reach 5 or 6 and lose like 4, meaning she will almost never build up condemnation on anyone again.

I can see how survivor mains may rejoice this but for the rest - a classical BHVR PR move where they bring killer from oblivion back to masses to boost sales and then throw it back into the void. Not surprised a single bit that this was done to her now, given the entire hype with NC is gone.

• tuttoinunavolta
    tuttoinunavolta Member Posts: 163
    edited January 8
    Options

Most of us in this thread are Sadako mains, not survivor mains. I agree that current Sadako is definitely the strongest iteration, but it's strong in a brainless, unsatisfying way. Just 1 survivor out of 4 not doing the correct tape counterplay at the beginning of the game guarantees an easy 2K at the very least for the killer. Teleporting as much as possible is the ideal play in most cases right now, and it's nowhere as exciting as the old Onryō was. The original Sadako was incredibly fun to play, but undertuned; this upcoming change is bringing the fun parts back while fixing her weaknesses.

The Iridescent add-on becoming a basekit is not a nerf, it's quite the contrary, especially because the basekit feature (it was basekit for original Sadako) becoming an iridescent add-on was one of the main points used to call the first rework a nerf (and it was a nerf in the Nicolas Cage PTB, before being readjusted for live).

Her chase is going to be much, much better now that she can get bloodlust while demanifested again, and Reiko's Watch going basekit is actually going to improve her anti-loop capabilities a lot. I recommend watching this montage to understand just how strong Demanifested/Manifested mindgames can be at loops after you learn the timing correctly. It requires practice for sure, and it's hard to do it as good as the incredible player in this video, but the potential is incredible. https://youtu.be/3Pn3ErU90gQ?si=WoT8DWC7QhvYSIwf

She has a lot of things in her kit, she doesn't need a S-tier Blight-level chase power because that's not the kind of killer she is - she needs something though, and what they're bringing back with this upcoming update is more than ideal.

That basekit-turned-Iri-turned-basekit feature is going to make depositing tapes much much harder than it is now, it is definitely not as immediate as you're making it sound to be. The biggest weakness of the original Sadako were the ridiculous TV cooldowns, and since the patch notes don't mention anything about it, we assume it's going to keep the newest ones.

16m might sound like less, but while the original Sadako only applied Condemn around the TV she teleported to, the patch notes this time around say she applies it to people 16m close to every TV that is turned on. That, mixed with the hooks locking condemn in, are going to make it a much more notable threat.

When the first Sadako rework PTB was released, pretty much every single Sadako main was complaining in the forums (including me and some others in this thread too). Most of the changes in the patch notes are basically what we were asking for when the first PTB released (especially the Reiko's Watch add-on - the complaints after it was first nerfed were very loud, and as you can see they mentioned the new Reiko changes in the patch notes despite not mentioning any other add-on).

She'll be harder to fully master than the current Sadako (every killer is) but she'll be much more satisfying.