I commission a figure painting artist for my DBD board game

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,999

Their skill is insane...worth every penny.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,333
    Options

Wow. The colours are spot on

Amazing

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,028
    Options

That is absolutely insane that someone can be that talented with a brush

My minis come out looking like a child who has no idea how to color inside the lines got ahold of them and just went to town

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,257
    edited January 11
    Options

As a model painter myself... this is exceptional work. Used their inks perfectly, the shading is spot on.

The illumination of Doctor's electric shock on his coat is very good, especially on white... anyone who has tried shading white on a miniature before knows how easy that is to totally screw up... the only way I know how to do it without making it look dirty is using a pigmentless paint to severely soften the wash and then painstakingly keep adding layers until you get enough colour to get the idea, but not enough to drown the colour underneath...

Dry brushing/highlighting is seemless, to the point I'm struggling to tell if they just layered the highlights or not...

I also recognise Blood for the Blood God paint... I approve😏

Literally my only critique... is "No miniature is truly finished until they've been based". I demand MacMillan shrubs on Trapper's base! 😁

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

Wooooow they look amazing!!!! 🤩🤩🤩

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,623
    Options

Beautiful! They did a great job

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,461
    Options

Oh this is crazyyyyyy

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,999
    Options

Just wait until you see survivors, they even paint the facial...

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

Omg they look so cute! Hahahaha

• tippy2k2
    edited January 11
    Options

Same more or less. I very slightly dabbled in it when I was in college with painting my D&D figures but never really got into it

Fun Tippy Fact of the Day; I was an Art Major in college. Painting is one of the mediums I kind of wish I'd have focused on more when I was doing classes. Watching what people can do with colors and a canvas (or in this case, colors and some plastic) is amazing and something I wouldn't mind trying to pick back up.

...really any of the "traditional" mediums. I had gone for Graphic Design so all my focus was computer stuff but I'd love to try my hand at something like drawing or painting. I suppose I could just pick up a pencil and just start drawing something but...uh...[Excuse #542]

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 452
    edited January 11
    Options

As someone who plays Warhammer and paints minis myself (im kinda trash at it though) i really can see and appreciate the skill, i did not even know DBD had minis.

What brand of paint was used? I think it was Scale 75 judging by the colors and bottles in the background but i can't make it out completely.

Now you only need to get them based or they will remain cringe.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

they´re so cute haha

bald hillbilly

• tippy2k2
    Options

They're from the board game. So they don't sell minis, they're part of the game.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 452
    Options

Even better. as far as i am concerned. I didn't even know it existed.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,461
    Options

these figures EAT