Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why isn’t Trickster & Artist 4.4m/s?

Options

I just realized the Deathslinger moves at 4.4 m/s and has 32 meter tr, and Artist & Trickster also being ranged killers (And having longer range than Slinger himself) have 32 meter tr but they run at 4.6m/s. Is this intentional and if so, why? It doesn’t really make sense?

Answers

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 586
    edited January 13
    Options

New to the game, I'm guessing? Trickster used to be 4.4 like other ranged Killers but BHVR decided to buff him to be 4.6 very recently. They also buffed his throwing knives at the same time. I personally wish they'd buffed one or the other (preferably his speed), but they decided on both.

As for the Artist, I'm not sure. Perhaps because her birds are more for long range information and don't tend to cause injury, so she needs the extra speed to be able to make the most of them? But I don't see this Killer very often and she's not one I play, so I can't offer a better explanation than that.

• ractus_the_rat
    ractus_the_rat Member Posts: 11
    Options

They did it, so you must rely on the Redeemer to get hits and downs; otherwise, you can just be an M1 killer. An Artist needs to be up close to get a down using her power. I don't know why they did with Trickster; maybe it's a chance to get multiple knives in.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,178
    Options

Trickster got buffed as others mentioned - though it currently feels not right and I kinda expect some further adjustments in one of the upcoming updates..

Artists birds need build up and are easier to predict, have other upsides but against experienced survivors they can’t reliably injure like the Redeemer.

I do wonder however, why Blight and Wesker are 4.6 tbh. While not ranged killers, their dash abilities work really well as anti-loop and even as map traversal and there is no real downside while Hag on the other side might need some more speed? Not trying to setup a whole different discussion here just wanting to point out that it may feel kinda inconsistent in multiple ways