Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Current Trickster audio and animation issues- This is a mixture of feedback and bug reporting

FreeKnives
FreeKnives Member Posts: 82

Many of you will know me as that console Trickster main who has been all over the Trickster rework forums. Usually backing up the veteran players who know this character in and out. You will know that I have been playing Trickster for about 6 months now, and really enjoy this character, always have.

I’m not posting this to talk about the rework, whether bad or good…I think we can all agree that 4.4 Trickster was strong for those who knew how to use him, and that the new Trickster is more friendly to beginners but less lethal in some ways. Whether he stays a C or low B rank killer, other things encompass what makes this killer fun to play. Quality of life things that I can talk about and are fun to talk about. It is in my neck of the woods too….design.

New Trickster, for some reason…just feels flat or underwhelming. But I couldn’t figure out why…..He's easier to play. He gets in chases quicker….but something just didn’t feel right overall with the New 4.6 Trickster from 4.4 version I played. It wasn’t until I started noticing audio bugs, lack of voice lines, etc, that I started going more in-depth into the character's sound design…. I realized his audio wasn’t even 100% when I first started playing him as 4.4 version. I discovered a whole side to Trickster in sound design. Apparently, at launch, this character had some premium sound design and quality. This led me to investigate what some of the biggest gripes have been in the Trickster community with the sound and feel of the new Trickster. Not all changes are “lacking”. For example: I prefer the new reload sound effect to just the scraping of wood of the old Trickster reload. But old Trickster vs current Trickster is a fun comparison to look at in all of these videos.

Now….

BHVR. I know you are busy. I know that on top of thinking about Trickster rework, and deciding whether to touch him or not touch him, what to adjust or not to adjust….on top of other characters, other developments, and licenses….the last thing you want to hear is more complaints about this character.

Sound design is SO IMPORTANT to the feel and gameplay of a character. ESPECIALLY a character whose design is literally about music and sound….

So rather than looking at this as a complaint, look at this as someone who really enjoys your original character, and the nuances and effort someone put into his sound design and animations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’d like to go over some of those audio and animation things we no longer have with this Trickster, that are/were bugged or that had to be altered because current basekit changes…. Here is a link to a playlist I made, where I edited very short clips to talk about each audio/animation comparison or bugs:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPMngzN64MWQ60BFTVqraTf5zKWSe1FP1&si=MG8djUHfj87NFOa4

Video Summary in the Playlist link:

1.    1st Throwing Knives v2- Duration 2m 46s

This video is a comparison of Trickster blade hits or throws, the sound design at launch compared to the current.

-Different tones and pitches for each laceration hit

-max laceration before injury sound

-hissing and whooshing of blades as they fly through the air

-Current Trickster has no sound effect for blades flying through the air

-Current Trickster loss of ramping voice/sound effect when throwing

-4.4 Trickster a few months ago, having a faint sound, but not as prominent as Launch Trickster

2.    2nd Laceration hits and tones v2 – Duration 2m 32s

This video is kind of a continuation of the first but focuses more on the different tones and pitches of laceration hits, and the comparison from launch.

-spectrum of sound design with each blade hit

-POV of killer as well

3.    Main Event Reverb v2 – Duration 4m 15s

This video is a big one. One of the things about having a frequent Main Event, is how fast Main Event can feel like just a “Normal Event”. Part of that show-stopper feel was the sound quality that wasn’t even working with 4.4 Trickster necessarily, as it did at launch. As previous videos show, the blades flying through the air lack sound, and in this video, Main Event is no different at current. Mostly hear impact sound. But at launch Trickster had a unique reverberating echo that sounded very eerie. It was subtle, but enough to notice and bring some excitement and fear to this character using Main Event.

-Main Event lacking sound design

4.    Main Event bug v2- Duration 24s

I added this video because this bug has happened to many of us, and like the vaulting invincibility bug survivors still get…..which is very annoying. I was amazed to see this bug happened on day 1 and it still persists to this day at times.

-Main Event bug that at current severely mutes audio to the point that you can barely hear game sounds- until you use Main Event again.

5.    Wiggle Stun sound v2- Duration 48s

Pretty self-explanatory, this video is about his inconsistent voice lines or recovery voice lines/SFX after being stunned. He has a wealth of voice lines and Voice SFX. It’s a shame, you either don’t hear it, it's not triggered, or it’s the same voice line every time.

6.    Pallet Stun or stun v2- Duration 1m

Same as the previous video, it is an observation of Trickster audio after being stunned, in his recovery.

7.    Voice lines with reloading v2- Duration 59s

This video is showcasing the volume that a voice line has when Trickster is reloading if a voice line is triggered.

8.    Pulling out a survivor- Duration 19s

This one is low on the priority list. I think his grunt is the right kind of subtle, his voice could be a bit louder though. I’m not sure why it's so quiet, but I would be wary of making his voice line so loud that it sounds jarring from the volume of his grunt when smacking the bat into the locker. So both would need to be louder so it doesn’t feel out of place.

9.    Cooldown Walk v2- Duration 1m 50s

I found this interesting though I have no idea if this is an actual cooldown animation. It's very cool looking, and I wonder what happened with it, if it was cut out because of a base kit change?

Best Mori- 27s

This has nothing to do with changes. I just found it really heartwarming and endearing that Otz was so excited to test this character out and that he found this mori to be one of the bests in the game. I wanted to share it with other Trickster mains who may have not seen it. <3

Last but not least. Please fix Trickster’s lobby animation. We all miss him winking at us. He seems mad…and I didn’t even do anything…. xD

5 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.