Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Discord or any VC

Options
DeVyre
DeVyre Member Posts: 27

Honestly bad matchmaking and proplayers in bronze are already ruining half of the games (or the night the totality of them) but how do you counter comms? I mean, if it's a team of friends playing fairly it's not that great advantage but they designed the game without an ingame chat or voice chat so, using discord or other external programs to share info is kinda... cheating?

How do you counter pro swf organizing flashlight, head-on or simply gens and escaping sharing info they don't get to have from any perk they equip?

Answers

• Beano744
    Beano744 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Playing in a VC with your friends is not "cheating"... I'm assuming you've just come off of a lose streak right?

In that case, just chill out, go play something else. Don't go searching for an excuse to make yourself feel better, because I can almost guarantee you that there was something you could've done better in every game you lost.

• DeVyre
    edited January 26
    Options

• developers designed the game without any mean of communication between survivors aside from 2 emotes
    • developers added a lot of perks to get aura info about mates and some about killer
    • every online game considers 3rd party apps cheating

but that wasn't my question, which is how do you (if any has) counter that kind of situation?

• Beano744
    Beano744 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Yes but no game has ever banned a player for using discord to talk to their friends.

Aura perks are more useful than any communication can be. I still run bond when I play with 3 of my friends.

"Every online game considers 3rd party apps cheating" then why aren't people getting banned for using discord/teamspeak do you think?

But play the best you can... There's no way to counter it. But that doesn't really matter, because most killers don't really get that hurt over communication. And with DbD adding the icons beside player portraits in game to tell you what your team is doing, I don't think they dislike the idea of communication.

And you never answered my question, did you come off of a lose streak? 99% of the time a post like this is due to someone looking for an excuse to why they got destroyed.

• DeVyre
    Options

Because I thought you wanted only to dismiss the question as a childish rant

Actually the big losing streak would've been 3 so, not that big; usually it's 2-3 victories then 2-3 lost aside from night-time where only pro team seem to dwell in the fog. I like to take stats and so I ask in the post-chat if there are swf and if they were using comms. Then I started noticing that even in "unfair" matchups in my favor survs were running from my ambushes way before they could see me and checked if they had some perk and in almost every case everyone said "my friend told me you were coming".

Now, since I'm a horror-fan that's really a down to the general flavour of the game (and basically ruins every stealth killer); the real problem is the insults they made after some games: you've no friend, no skill killer, we're having fun, ez game - would it be that easy without comms?

Also I now get why Nurses and Blights are so dearly high considered, simply put they have speed and unpredictability such that even comms can't quite keep up with.