Permanently remove D/C Penalty.

Back when a D/C was the end of the game, sure, penalize, BUT BOTS TAKE OVER NOW!!! It's time to retire this stupid feature, it incentivizes people to hook suicide, or just give up and let the killer get a free win because the team is -1 teammate, instead of letting a bot take over.

Just finally retire the D/C penalty, let people go next while the bot takes their place. After all, the bots are nearly perfect when looping, and cannot fall for mind games versus the average killer, even stealth killers cannot mind game a bot. I've tried before, they perfectly predict your location. So I will reiterate, remove the D/C penalty, let your bots do their jobs, and stop penalizing people to leaving versus scummy killers, cheaters, and hackers.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,237

So every time you're about to die, or every time you think you're not going to escape, you can just DC. Then you only get positive MMR, and every survivor will be top MMR.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,198

I’m sorry, I see your point but I don’t think it would be a good idea. Everyone would find a reason to leave for the smallest of things.

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 138

The penalty shouldn't be permanently removed, but I would like to see the first and maybe second DC of each day have no time penalty. The match can count as a death, and you can move on. If someone wants out of a match they'll do it. I've rescued enough survivors that wanted to "go next" on hook to know that they will either AFK after or throw every pallet. The number of DCs will increase for sure but these were survivors that were going to give up or ruin the game anyway.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 162

It should be temporary disabled and then see who and why they DC at what rate. Say a survivor DC's on first hook 9 out 10 matches then maybe instead of punishing them with waiting make them go to an updated tutorial before they can play again.

With a killer of they have X amount DC's against them and they are tracked within the AC area then they must complete a tutorial too.

This way they can see what is causing the DC's. Not getting their way, frustration at the gameplay, or just emergencies.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 259

Bots are pretty easy to kill as they do weird stuff and leave safe loops almost all the time.

Replacing a survivor with a bot can be worse then leaving it to the remaining survivor. Like going for hatch is not possible anymore because the bot is running around being useless.

Personally I think if you leave the team behind just because you are not in your comfort zone then you should be punsihed. That means I am all for adding a punishment to for people who leave the game via hook or run straight into the killers arms on purpose.

So if you get a penalty either way, it's quicker to dc. The team gets a halfway usefull/useless bot you get the penalty you deserve. No free hooks for the killer. Happy end.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 259

I don't see why this is an improvement.

It would only encourage people to quit a game they don't like because there are no consequences. Less consequences always means higher activity in that arena.

Waiting a minute or 5 if you already did it twice is fine imo. Waiting 15 minutes for the third dc is fair.

Personally I think after the third dc it should stack. Leave again? Wait 30 minutes? Lost the map offering? Wait an hour. you got downed first? Wait 2 hours and so on.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,398

Killers don't queue up to play against bots. People shouldn't feel like it's okay to leave just bc they get replaced by a bot.

Plus these requests never seem to consider what happens when killers can just freely d/c. Now killers will be empowered to just quit out of any game where they don't like the map choice, they don''t like the rng, the first chase takes too long, a gen is done too quickly, etc.

If aspects of the game bother you enough that you must leave games frequently, then just don't queue up to begin with.

• Callahan9116
    Callahan9116 Member Posts: 127

I think vs certain killers the bots are a lot better or worse.

Vs alien? Its basically a free kill, they can't juke tails at all.

Vs m1 killers? Headache inducing

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Honestly they should do away with bots. Not like they provide much since no one will be happy with how smart the bots are. I also feel like the devs only implemented them to prevent people at dc'ing for hatch.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,237
    edited January 28

It's been disabled on many occasions.

Every time, people DC over the most innane things. They DC if they get found first, or if someone blows up a gen, or if the killer is Plague.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

People don't want to try in this game, if they play bad and deem their game over they will leave right off the bat not even considering one good chase from another survivor would pull back the pressure from them or that it was their own fault they are in that scenario.

The solution has always been more punishment.

As always I have to stress that I am all for fixing the average frustration of both sides but even if you do people will still leave over nothing. It's simply the nature of the players who play this game. Trying isn't fun and losing isn't fun, but how can they ask for neither to happen?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

I think its funny that these requestrs never consider the consequence that killers would now too be free to just rage the second they deem a match unsalvageable.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,975

Had this discussion before.

No.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,975

That's why it has to stay. I don't want to play a pve game all the time just because I'm not playing demo with beast of prey.