More unique animations please - (Especially Older Killers!!!)

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
edited February 9 in Feedback and Suggestions

Off the back of this thread:

One of the things I really enjoy are the unique animations for pick ups/pallet break on Pinhead, Alien and Sadako. In fact Pinheads generator break is one of the coolest animations in the game IMO.

Off the back of the above thread, I felt inspired to dredge up an old suggestion I made back when I was still super new to the forums... have more animations for the more illogical interactions/outdated killers in the game would be really cool.

E.g. Pyramid Head, Alien, Demogorgon, Wesker being flashlight stunned could be modified to more of a 'distraction' logic. E.g. as the blind builds up, the survivor being carried moves to angle to strike with a knee or kick to the head, that actually lands when the blind completes. If you wanted to be really clever you can modify the blind splash to be a bloody splash instead.

I'd love to see some custom animations for Amanda when she gets her changes in future, and is something that can be applied to a lot if the cast. Having unique animations for various interactions can really sell the unque traits of killers, and is a great avenue for personalisation.

Amanda is canonically a 107 lbs and 5ft 3in. Obviously she had to be beefed up a little for the DBD world, but even so, I think it's be really cool to give her some unique animations to more accurately reflect the difficulty she had moving bodies around, since it was a canonical part of SAW that introduced Hoffman.

I would give her a hooked crowbar or something similar that matches the hooks in the trial.

• Pick up animation - Instead of grabbing them off the floor, turns the survivor round and hooks them with the crowbar (be nasty and jam into their shoulder?). Have her look up in the same timeframe as normal as she hooks them for usual flashlight saves.
  • Carry/Carry attack animation - Using the crowbar drags the survivor next to her (Maybe using both hands until she swings?). This also gives her a smaller profile when carrying survivors.
  • Stun animation - When stunned she let's go of the survivor, and instead of falling, the survivors rolls to the side and hops up in the same place/time frame as a drop would be normally.
  • Hook animation - Instead of lifting up and hooking, have her grab a chain and attach it to the hooked crowbar, which then hoists the survivor quickly up onto the hook. Replacement hooks for Amanda are done with slight of hand. 😉
  • Pallet/Wall break animation - uses the hooked crowbar to latch onto the pallet for leverage as she kicks it.

It'd make Amanda feel a little more unique as a killer, and feed into the idea and theme of SAW, as well the more ingenuintive and clever side of Amanda herself.

What other animations should be made unique for killers?

Hillbilly and Bubba using their saws on generators, a non-chalant Freddy clicking his fingers for a pallet for example would be awesome 😅

Post edited by UndeddJester on