Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Dedicated servers not responding

YmPrat
YmPrat Member Posts: 34

Platform: Playstation

Every few matches your servers ######### the bed and disconnect me, an issue that isn't happening in other games and that hasn't happened often before the patch today. Something you did messing with Billy and Blight addons broke your servers. I've got 183Mbps upload and 36Mbps download so it's not on my end.

3 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 90

It would be helpful if BHVR could provide what exactly we could give them to actually report/diagnose this.

Since the Alan Wake patch, I've had dedicated server crashes somewhere between 33-50% of my games. Steam. West coast. 6-9pm.

I've mostly been playing killer, Wraith, Slinger, Dredge, Hag, and seen crashes on all of them. Slinger seems most common, but not so much so that I wouldn't chalk it up to randomness. No consistently used perk or add-ons among them. The worst was a full Hex build on Slinger for a rift challenge (Retribution, Ruin, Devour, Undying), which crashed 3 times across two days before I was finally able to finish a match with it.

Sometimes the crash is 3-4 minutes in. Sometimes it's when the game is essentially over. Sometimes in chase, sometimes just roaming the map. There's always a 4-5 second period where the server has clearly lagged out (unable to interact with anything, survivors continue moving in a straight line, etc), but zero latency indicators, and then the server dies with a "Dedicated Server Not Responding" message. I'm still gaining experience from the games though, bizarrely, and the last couple days, have not seen a DC penalty from it, so that's nice at least, though that seems to me to indicate that the existence of an issue here is known.

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 90

Two out of three tonight, and DC penalties back in full force.

Both times it crashed were mid-hook.

This is getting incredibly old.

• SeaBerry550
    SeaBerry550 Member Posts: 2

Same happened to me, servers disconnect right as I'm hooking. Too common of an occurance.