Flashlight stun during pallet break is a bug

Options

While breaking a pallet the killer is effectively stunned. 1 he/she can't look up 2 he/she has to spend 2 seconds while breaking it. How does the flashlight beam hits my eyes while I am litteraly looking to the groung? I think this is a bug. If the survivor wants to wait for the break animation to complete than try to blind that is her/his bussiness.

Also while picking up a survivor the killer cant walk or look away so flashlight blind is giving no choice for the killer in the 2 seconds while he is picking up a survivor either.

PS: For the people taking the defensive approach towards this clear bug: How would you like it they remove the no damage during the unhook animation would that be fun?

Comments

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

sorry mate the devs make it so that work that way.

• asanandic
    asanandic Member Posts: 15
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:

I mean there can be a balance for it i think. Dont you agree with my point tho?

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@asanandic said:

@DarkGGhost said:

well it's a form counter play and the survivors are the "week" in this game so i don't think that will change any time soon and yes i think you should be able to move your head

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    So you want to "fix those ""bugs" that are the only times to blind the killer.... Ok
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

It's intended. The Flashlight would be completely pointless otherwise.

• asanandic
    Options

@Milo said:
    So you want to "fix those ""bugs" that are the only times to blind the killer.... Ok

I cannot know all the bugs in the game... So I want to fix those I experience... But I understand you... takes a certain personality to enjoy a game where you outnumber one side ;)

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Are you perhaps newer to the game? The flashlight blind at the pallet has been a thing since the beginning I do believe. If it was a bug, they would have fixed it by now. Ways to work around being blinded at the pallet is following off of sound (movement and pain noises) or holding still.

• asanandic
    Options

@fluffybunny said:
    Are you perhaps newer to the game? The flashlight blind at the pallet has been a thing since the beginning I do believe. If it was a bug, they would have fixed it by now. Ways to work around being blinded at the pallet is following off of sound (movement and pain noises) or holding still.

yes I am very new to the game... I do believe Flashlight Blind at pallets is not the ultimate game breaker... just wanted to point out it is an issue because it forces a situation on you where there is nothing you can do.

My only objection is I am already not looking into the lens. Any blind right after the break is fair and square

• Milo
    Options
    Use Lightborn :chuffed: asanandic said:

@Milo said:

I cannot know all the bugs in the game... So I want to fix those I experience... But I understand you... takes a certain personality to enjoy a game where you outnumber one side ;)

Also what do you mean "enjoy a game where you outnumber one side"? How it has any relation to only being able to flashlight someone at the pallet
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@asanandic said:

@fluffybunny said:

yes I am very new to the game... I do believe Flashlight Blind at pallets is not the ultimate game breaker... just wanted to point out it is an issue because it forces a situation on you where there is nothing you can do.

My only objection is I am already not looking into the lens. Any blind right after the break is fair and square

I believe if you run the Billy perk, it'll counter the flashlights at the pallet if I'm remembering correctly. Regardless, you aren't looking completely at the ground and it's possibly to blind even when you're looking down. The nurse can get blinded, too, while she's fatigued.

• asanandic
    Options

@Milo said:

@Milo said:

Also what do you mean "enjoy a game where you outnumber one side"? How it has any relation to only being able to flashlight someone at the pallet

If you can only do things that are 100% thats your thing. Thnx for making my point.

• Milo
    edited January 2019
    Options
    asanandic said:

@Milo said:

@Milo said:

If you can only do things that are 100% thats your thing. Thnx for making my point.

Try flashing someone during a chase. You'll only slow yourself down and gime them a free hit.
    Also what point? Cause i dont see it :/
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:

@asanandic said:

@DarkGGhost said:

well it's a form counter play and the survivors are the "week" in this game so i don't think that will change any time soon and yes i think you should be able to move your head

good one :lol:

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@Master Iknow and nice pic

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    It is kinda bullshit that there is no defense against being blinded while breaking the pallet.

The normal defense against flashlights is not looking at them. You aren't while breaking the pallet. 

Packing lightborn every time you see a flashlight, and assuming most people know how to use it?