We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Anonymous mode vulnerability

Options
solsol
solsol Member Posts: 61

I just had a player call out my exact hours despite the fact I played on anonymous, there seems to be a vulnerability in the anonymous mode system that lets players know exactly who they're facing, and goes as far as to let them view their steam profile.

When they said this, I at first figured they were just a cheater, but they then went on to say there's a bypass, so this seems worth looking into.

Steps to reproduce: Unsure - they were playing on Epic Games but they were premade with a Steam player, so the vulnerability could be on either side.

Platform: PC

Here's screenshots of what happened (also a screenshot of my settings just to confirm that I'm not stupid and didn't just turn 'Hide your Name' on without Anonymous Mode.

(Hid their name just incase)

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments