The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Add more maps with weather effects

I love weather effects in video games, they add a lot to atmosphere. Sadly, in DbD, we only have four maps with rain: the two Red Forest maps, RPD, and Midwich. And the latter two are mostly indoors so you barely notice it anyway. I'd like to have more maps with rain on them. Another snow map like Ormond would also be nice.

Maybe when Backwater Swamp is reworked, we can add some rain to it?

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 990

This would be a really good way to bring atmosphere back to the game

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,502

There were some questions about this in the survey.

Waether effects and Day+Nightcycle.

At least it seems to be on the radar.

I would like some more effects in some maps. The light rain and the snow are cool.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,570

Yes, I was supportive of the ideas in the survey, and was pleasantly surprised to see them. Variable weather and time for maps would help freshen them up quite a bit and I hope BHVR can work something out in that regard. I simply want to enhance the atmosphere of the game.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807

Please, I want the weather effects and the different times of day.

Imagine Coldwind at dusk, or Ormond with a snowstorm. I would love that so much.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 416

Thunder flashing through the windows and brighten the floors. 😍

• Memesis
    Memesis Member Posts: 150

I would love some light rain/ thunder and lightning on any if not most maps randomly, during a match, all match, doesn't matter.

As long as it doesn't make a switch blow up in your hands, taking your fingers with it.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

I would like specific map variations to have different effects. Examples:

• Redwood Map with pouring rain and fog limiting vision
    • Lerys Map with flooded basement, making stealth harder as running splashes.
    • Ormond Map with a snow storm, limiting vision.
    • Coldwind Farm, but with heatwave distortion limiting long range vision.

Look, Modifiers are cool, but they last not long and are not properly balanced.
    If bHVR made new maps, with a special rule I think it would be fine as an addition to our collection of maps.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 421
    edited 9:25AM

I agree, heavy Rain especially in a game like this would be soooo amazing.