If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Thompson House (Coldwind Farm)

Options
2»

Comments

• NotJared
    NotJared Member Posts: 383
    Options

Generally, I think Thompson House's balance is okay, but the main Thompson House building is incredibly problematic for Killers to chase and patrol through and its mere presence lends itself to making the map consistently slightly favored for Survivors in many small ways, that add up in the end.

The breakable doors are an enormous time sink, and if you don't take the time to break them then the building is even stronger for Survivors. The upstairs window can be very strong, and the fact that there's only one way up to the generator in Main and almost no opportunities to sneak up on survivors because they can hear you coming for so long gives them ample time to hide or pre-run and makes it a HUGE time sink to merely check on the generator. In addition, the house only orients itself to get upstairs one way, and it is mildly labyrinthine downstairs to orient myself in the right direction to find my way up, which only wastes even more time. In addition to all of this travel just to get upstairs, I have to travel almost just as far just to leave the building unless I take the one dropdown hole up top. The whole building is just a massive waste of time for Killers, and the window upstairs is generally very safe for Survivors (despite the holes on the sides of the building, they're pretty strong setups) even if a Killer does find anyone.

I recognize that adding more ways up and down from the building could potentially create even more problems, as now Survivors with a high vantage point have easier access to getting out of the building and out of danger even faster via more escape routes. However, I think careful planning and adding more routes to access the

Every single time I get this map as Killer, without fail, it is a better idea for me to completely ignore the main building unless it is one of the last 3 gens, because of how much of an enormous waste of a time sink it is to chase through. Committing to ANY chase by patrolling the generator upstairs in main, I am almost always guaranteed to lose one other generator on the map.

Since the corn tile filler pallets have been recently added to Coldwind maps, the map has generally been much better to play on as Survivor.

I agree with everything mentioned about Thompson House by AMGC here:

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 920
    Options

One thing that I really dislike on this map is the distance between hooks. They are spread so far apart that sometimes you just can't hook a survivor when they fall near the area where another one was already sacrificed. Hooking a survivor should never be impossible by default.

This discussion has been closed.