We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Locker placement on maps

Atom7k
Atom7k Member Posts: 269

Apparently all maps are under discussion so I'd like to open up a general discussion about lockers.

I do get that some maps are better for a killer and some are worse. That's totally fine. But sometimes it is questionable how big the disadvantage can get.

My main example is the map of the Skull Merchant. The locker placement on this map is so disgusting that sometimes only 2 generators are nearby lockers. So reloading with trickster and huntress is bad but the killer which is hurt the most by this is the dredge. There are basically 4 big deadzones for the dredge where the power is crippled. Survivors can just run along them and the dredge cannot use the tp effectivly (not even in nightfall) and the remnant is also completly useless in these areas. (couldn't find a good reference picture to showcase the areas but I think most players know the map well enough to understand)

This feeling prevails on other maps too where bad rng can disable the power of the dredge completly. Badham for example can screw you if most of the gen's spawn in the open.

I don't think the huntress buff will remain as it was uncalled for but rather then buffing killers I'd like to see a partial rework of the maps so locker related killers will not be powerless on big parts of the map.

I assure you playing dredge on these maps with bad rng in high mmr is tiring as you basically become an m1 killer for the longest time.

Comments

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,703

BHVR should keep locker generation exactly the same, but add special “entity lockers” to the map when the killer is Dredge.

Entity lockers are exactly like regular lockers, but survivors won’t be able to hide in them. Maybe they can be a different color from regular lockers, and some spikes or whatever added to them so it’s 100% clear they aren’t normal lockers.

This is the perfect solution, because it buffs Dredge without secretly sneaking in a buff for survivors.