Residual Manifest

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,999

What if instead of making killer blinded (cant see aura), replace it with losing the survivor's scratch mark for 5sec then get 1min cool down?

I feel blindness on killer is useless because killers only need it out side of the chase (to find a survivor to chase), not in middle of the chase (when you have to blind killer). Whats the point of not able to see teammate's aura, Gen aura when the killer is in chase with me?

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,496
    Options

We vote for adding blindness on killers affects scratch marks. Least if theres another way to give blindness to killers it'll always be somewhat impactful.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,721
    Options

maybe make it increase flashlight blind duration by 0.5/1/1.5 seconds.

• C3Tooth
    Options

Im thinking of hiding the perk user's scratch mark, but its alot better if remove killer's ability to see scratch mark in general. Means the perk user can blind killer at pallet to help the tunneled teammate and get away.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,235
    Options

Please no. I play without headphones and I already struggle with tracking survivors with laggy scratch marks. A perk that removes them, while probably not a big deal for some people would affect others way more. It's also a problem with accessiblity, since there are people with hearing impairments that play killer too.

• C3Tooth
    Options

I also play without headphone, and I main Spirit second to Myers. I really dont like using headphone. When I was younger I got ears infection for wearing it many hours a day. Never again.

The scratch mark idea is to make killer lose sight after all.

Though increasing flash light blind time should do it too.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,235
    Options

It's one thing to lose sight of a survivor. But losing the chase (ending the chase with the killer being unable to find the survivor again) is a different caliber. I mean, you would need to consider that this wouldn't happen once per match but almost every chase. For the cost of 1 perk slot and an item. Worse yet, this wouldn't even affect the really strong killers. Like Nurse or Blight.

If we want to buff Residual Manifest, then why not give it a slightly longer blind (0.5 seconds) and more battery life instead? If that is still too tame, we could test with a 1 second longer blinds but tinkering with scratch marks is dangerous. It's a fundamental mechanic of the game to ensure the killer can win chases even when a survivor breaks line of sight (which is not all that hard).

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 404
    Options

It doesnt has to be full invisible scratchmarks, maybe like 75% less scratchmarks visibility.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 841
    edited March 15
    Options

That would be too strong. Ill admit that. But thats why there are other perks that does something like that but requires more effort and thats parental guidance. You can stun with pallet then flashlight or rescue flashlight save to hide your scratch marks to basically get the same effect. But a simple blind would be too strong. Imagine 4 ppl running that and killer losing them more easily from that

• C3Tooth
    Options

Im thinking to make the perk as “counter tunneling” to help tunneled teammate.

It can be injured teammates (not you) in 16m radius of a successful flashlight blind lose scratch mark for a few sec. Forcing killer to chase you.