Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Pacing of a game

Options

How long is the average game of Dead By Daylight supposed to be? It hard to know because due to perks and killers it fluctuates. A nurse game with the best perks against solo queue survivors can be 5 minutes while a skull merchant game can be 15 minutes. Slow down perks, i.e. Pop, Pain res, Dead mans, all significantly help the killer in terms of prolonging the game in order to bleed the survivors out. But if the killer lacks any one of these they can lose pretty quickly unless they get a snowball. All though I'm not a fan of generator perks, every time I've tried to run a build with none, I find my 3 gens being completed by the time I get two hooks.

And when playing survivor, no matter the killer I play against they usually have a combination of the two slow down perks in order to have a chance. The gameplay is starting to feel very repetitive with all the survivors running self-sufficient perks and the killers running multiple forms of slow down. In my last 4 games it has been Pain Res/ Dead mans, with all the survivors running maybe 1 team perk combined. Could there be a way to view what other solo queue survivors bring before the match starts so there could be some increase in perk variety?

Also, killer perk variety, I'm glad sloppy got nerfed so it's not 3 different forms to stop the survivors from playing but I'm RARELY seeing anyone run a synergy build that's unique or interesting. As far as I know my friend and I have been playing against the different killers with the same builds for the last 5 months. Thank God for narcotics, because I wouldn't know another way of playing against the same thing over and over could be somewhat fun! Anyway, that was my rant, please let me know what you think!😁