We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

TUNNELING NEEDS TO BE ADRESSED ASAP

Gplays2000
Gplays2000 Member Posts: 195
edited March 20 in Feedback and Suggestions

Tunneling has to be at an all time high right now...never in the games lifetime have killers tunneled so consistently and ruthlessly especially at 5-4 gens... There is not a single reason to tunnel someone out when the game basically just started or when it's only been a few minutes into the game? I play both roles and got hit with DS today and it was literally a joke...felt like old DS with Enduring and that is suuuper short...especially against good killers the tools of anti tunneling the survivors have are just a joke...

They can't balance the game around the best survivors? Not everyone is Team Eternal... My suggestion would be basekit DS I KNOW I KNOW a lot of people will have sth against it but it would be a genuine change to tunneling where you wouldn't be forced to run anti tunneling perks all the time which would lead to more variety in builds and not just that killers would get punished for tunneling...at the same time they could make it that when over half of the gens are finished (3/5 gens done meaning 2 gens left) the basekit ds deactivates because at this point in the game tunneling, slugging and camping are valid strategies if the killer wants to win the game.

At the end of the day this game shoud be about fun and tunneling people out mere minutes into the game is NOT fun for the survivor and obviously there is no reason to do that...the DS deactivation at 2 gens remaining seems like a good solution to me in order to not punish killers for well...killing the survivors :,D since that is literally their job but at least giving survivors an option to have fun and a decent time in the game as well.

Anyways what are your thoughts about this? I really do believe that BHVR NEEDS to do sth about it otherwise especially the solo Q but also the swf experience will keep on becoming more and more miserable as it keeps going which will lead to more bitter people more hate in the community and well overall a miserable gaming experience.

After all that is just a suggestion from. If you have any other solutions to this truly urgent matter then let us know :D

Hope u have a great time in the Fog :D

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Gplays2000

When you lose 3 gens you can tunnel? Didn't I literally adress this in my post? And sure add a mechanic for the killers to be able to make gen repair and progression harder. I donÄt think they need to extend the duration a gen needs in order to be repaired maybe something else like when it reaches 25,50 and 75 percent add like a minigame or something and not a skillcheck idk there are soooo many solutions and killers already have insane gen regression perks so.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,524

You were hit by DS, why were you tunneling?

• Gplays2000

Killers still tunnel? It's just an excuxe they use... At 4 gens there wasn't much progression so there is no reason to do that.

• Gplays2000

Of course they are :) I agree with you. Still I think you know how miserable it can get when they do so don't you? Then there really is no reason for casual survivors etc to keep playing this game anymore and especially no incentive for newer players to start playing this game if this is what they are confronted with.

• Gplays2000

She was fully healed up and ran towards me and well there were multiple with the same skin :) So I went after one without realizing it was the one I hooked earlier.

• RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 107

so stop doing the one (1) (singular) objectives survivors HAVE to do to win the game? If youre 3 gens down in 1 chase, YOU are doing something wrong as the killer player. If youve been juiced as 3 survivors have done 3 gens together, lord knows how long youve been blasted for, if theyve done 3 gens with 1 on each one, youve been assblasted for 1minute 30 and they have been efficient with gen pressure, thats not their fault. The fact is killers tunnel not because they have to, they do it because there is zero downside and purely because they can. Something needs to be done about how rampant it is in the game but it'll never happen while BHVR are in full blown hold-the-killers-hand mode like they have been for the last year

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,240
    edited March 19

Nvm.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657

I dont know about that they redesign the game every patch and completely overhauled it on 6.1.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

okey i see this as a learning opportunity.

having a 1.5 minute first chase sounds pretty normal for me when the survivor does not screw up. evey pallet that can be there is there and i dont know where any other surv is so leaving that chase sounds like a bad idea what am i going to do to get this chase shorter?

and im super honest almost all my first chases are ending with two or more gens done is that just me being matched with survivor that are so much better then me?

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 19

So then we should really just take all the perks out of the game and only use gen rush also just have tool boxes with gen rush add on. Then take out all of the perks except for slowdown will make for a really fun game. That way we can force everyone to play scummy. While were at it we should give everyone wall hacks just make the game as efficient as possible for everyone. Pretty sure i just fixed the games balance issue.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,546

Well I can tell this thread will be closed pretty quick. This got to 'Us vs them' like REAL fast lol. But I really need to know...

Can you loop or not? Ever since a horrible accident as a child I haven't been able to believe forum names as truth. :P

• KeefCheif
    KeefCheif Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 17

I've always dreamed of a sort of Karma System in this game. Where "bad actor" killers AND survivors are given a hidden karma rating after each game. This way the killers and survivors that play a certain way that most other players don't enjoy can just play with one another while the rest of us enjoy a less toxic game.

The only problem with this idea is that it would be extremely difficult for the devs to create an algorithm that can accurately grade one's karma.

• BooomTetris
    BooomTetris Member Posts: 58

Use DS and DH if the 3 seconds aren't enough.

I admit, the 3 seconds against Nurse and Blight are a joke. Basekit DS...idk man. Maybe extend DS against specific Killers by 2 seconds.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    edited March 19

So killer fun is winning? Cause thats what you make it look like. Buff arent necessary needed as well as tunneling isnt necessary to have fun games nor winnable games.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,546

Tunneling is extremely common nowadays, because a lot of alternatives have already been nerfed.

Ok, now thats straight BS. They tunnel because its effedctive, moreso than any other strat, nerfed or not. If you truly believe this, you're so out of touch.

The problem is many people just want to nerf everything killers can do to generate pressure which will only leave the killer role into a spot where it's no fun to play.

So you're doing what you claim we are doing? Its ok for killers to have fun , even if its at the expense of survivors? Yeah, sorry. You're just tossing gas on the flame and not really caring how it ends imo. Can you be more clear? Maybe I have it all wrong.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

the most important thing when it comes to all that stuff be it tunneling or gens is that bhvr needs to do the right thing and dont hide the sulution behind another chapter and some perks. best example is ds before the nerfs it was the stapel of anti tunneling perks and its locked behind a dlc char and worse its a only real money char

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

I play both sides and hate both "gen rushing" and "tunneling" most than anything in this game. Both can be "justified" as effective (true) and fair (sometimes the case) but honestly it is just frustrating as hell like in this event to go for a match and get LOTS like these

In the first capture, the Clown had all on his favor and his one Pain Res followed by the tunnel was enough to trash the whole match.

On the second one, it was also a Clown with Pain Res and we made it out at the end but still was a long game of him patrolling the remaining 3 gens and the 3 only survivors persisting by resetting everytime to deny him further Pain Res + Tunnel. Far from a enjoyable match at all.

The last one was the worst because the Unknown also had Pain Res and evewn though we spread on gens while he obsessed over his target, it was not worth crap in the end since he still had 3 stacks of Pain Res to use and thus our attempts to defend the survivor dead on hook were more also punished.

For the person being tunneled, it is either a game of "well I guess I'll die" / seeing the gens fly while you hold the killer and still die with no points on anything other than boldness / run the killer for as long as you can but no gens are done and you have the sour taste of seeing them get a 4k anyways.

When I'm playing killer I enjoy taking multiple chases and changing targets regularly but I also recognize this sometimes results into gens flying and little to no kills. Even worse thanks to the way MMR works now which will lead to matches that get more and more frustrating with time.

On a survivor perspective, it is just bullshit trying to go on a match during an event and having to play all of them as if in a stupid comp scenario and I am decided to just stop playing unless I have challenges available.

On a killer perspective, I guess it would be more appealing if there were more incentives to really spread the chases/pressure rather than going the easy route of kill 1 as fast as possible then destroy the remaining survivors by getting them tired of doing the same generator 5 times thanks to pain res + pop + whatever.

• Gplays2000

That's precisely what it shouldn't be like :) I already told everyone that I play both roles and therefore understand both sides. A lot of players here only see one side of the coin and therefore cause misery for the other side especially veteran players who played this game in times where killers were incredibly weak but those times are over. Killers are so ridiculously oppressive especially if they don't play against high mmr swf lobbies it is unbelievable. Survivors literally have no chance of escaping and after the hatch sound nerf that low chance decreased even more. I really don't know how the future of this game looks like but the way it develops, it's not looking too good especially for solos... I play League and many other games too but DBD Solo Q experience HAS to be the most miserable thing on this planet. I'm not telling them to nerf killers. Killers should be strong I mean they are killers for a reason right? I am telling them to nerf EARLY GAME TUNNELING not tunneling in general EARLY GAME TUNNELING and EARLY GAME SLUGGING is the true root of misery. Hope they do adress this because if they don't...guess we'll just face misery.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,818

To be fair, killers are in an easy spot right now.

Not the easiest, nor the best or healthiest, but it is an easy spot. Obviously no one will win all of their trials, but not much is being put against killers rn.

By that logic we should have seen a decrease in tunneling, not an increase.

• Gplays2000

the thing is tho it forces us to play 2 perks even tho I might just want to run other more chill perks/comfort perks sth like bond. Forcing people to use meta perks is just plain unhealthy for the game IMO. Basekit DS would only be active for the early game :) in the mid to lategame it would automatically deactive but it would do its job against early game tunnelers and increase the chances of survivors doing the objective because just getting 1 out of the 4 survivors out of the game drastically changes the outcome of the game... Someone also said sth like per hook the gens take longer to complete and with each survivor killed that debuff turns into a buff which would make the gens go quicker if it is a 3v1 and a 2v1 because winning a 2v1 is pretty much impossible and winning a 3v1 seems really hard too in Solo Q

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,451

The difficulty of the role doesn't affect best strategy. When Eruption/CoB/Overcharge was meta, tunneling was seen less as the best strategy was just to defend a 3-gen due to how powerful these perks were. Arguably, killers were even stronger than since it was shortly after 6.1.0 and there wasn't any survivor buffs/killer nerfs yet.

The devs simply don't create any valuable alternatives to making the match a 3v1 early, so killers are not going out of there way to do so. In the same way that Survivors don't just cleanse dulls because the value for doing so over making progress on a gen isn't there.

• Gplays2000

But Pain Res/Deadmans or Grim Embrace and corrupt is basically in every single game? Even if the killer messes up he just uses pain res and grim and you lost all your progress :,D? IDK maybe MMR is the real problem of this game. We might have a completely different experience as we play in different MMR levels. You might be playing a completely different game :)

• Gplays2000

Yeah the problem kinda is that killers don't need to respect the current versions of the anti tunneling perks because they are so ridiculously weak. Off the record can instantly get removed by just hitting you off the hook xD and the current version of DS is just a sorry joke of a perk...the killers tunnel because there are no negative consequences to tunneling like old ds that they kinda respected.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,451

The event tome doesn't take very long to complete and it's not like there's a reward to playing nice either. Regardless of an event currently active, there's no reason to expect the other side to play "nice". You might as well play effective.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 345
    edited March 20

Tbf not every survivor spends 12 hours a day playing dbd and playing like they wanna be on team eternal. A lot of survivors just wanna vibe and get some blood points. Me personally, I like to do gens and get saves. I don't bring flashlights, I don't tbag and I don't run in the killers face saying "chase me, chase me" with OTR. There are some survivors that are toxic and BM and to that I say if they wanna go low, meet them there. But yeh I just wanna chill and not sweat out my butt every game.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026

There is a single reason to tunnel someone out when the game basically just started or when it's only been a few minutes into the game. This is because games are games, not recreation.

Killers should tunnel in situations where tunneling is effective, since it doesn't have to go against the structure of the game. Survivors say "If you tonnneling the survivor, the match ends with a gen rush, right?" and should threaten the killer. That is the basis of this game, it is not only a competition of strength, but a competition of wits.

The number of tunnels will not decrease as long as we continue to ignore the fact that tunneling is not simply done, but that survivors' clumsiness encourages tunneling.

• Gplays2000

Just drop a chase hm. I see next time I will tell the killer :) thx for the advice

• Gplays2000

This has to be the best answer I read. I would say that killers get a buff to gen speed as they spread their hooks (with more hooks the gens take longer) meaning 12 hooks will make a gen take like 1.5 times the time a normal gen would take so 90 + 45 seconds and if they kill a survivors not only will that buff decrease for well the 3 hooks a survivors has but also give the survivors a buff to the gen speed increasing per survivors dead. Meaning a gen might take only 60 seconds instead of 90 if a person is dead. I think this would be an amazing solution and would encourage killers to spread their hooks because it does give them an attractive advantage and make the game more enjoyable. Maybe with every gen completed the speed for the next gens takes longer too so if the first gen gets rushed all next gens take a bit longer or sth like that.