We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Getting penalized for getting kicked from dedicated server

Options
YRBSydney
YRBSydney Member Posts: 2
edited March 26 in Bug Reporting

This issue has been happening to me for the last month or two and now it’s daily. It’s frequent and it happens several times while playing. I keep getting kicked from the game with the killer because the “ dedicated server is not responding”

then I’m getting penalized for 15 -58 minutes at a time to play again. Here are some screenshots of this happening on both ends the killer and the survivor end. I did notice I only get penalized when this happens to me as a survivor not the killer.

is there a way to make it so only if you leave the game you get a warning that you will be penalized or only if you go AFK for over 5 to 7 minutes then that happens? Not when you’re getting kicked from the game against your will… thank you so much in advance!

Post edited by BoxGhost on
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This looks like a technical issue, if you still require assistance please ask other forum users in the Ask the Community sub section as we do not offer technical support on this forum. We suggest that you contact our support here: https://www.bhvr.com/contact-us-2/

Comments

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 59
    Options

Just to clarify, the error being reported by the game is incorrect. Your client is disconnecting. This has happened to me a bunch too, and one time was with a streamer in the lobby. The dedicated server was 'fine' and the game continued as normal, aside from suddenly spiking red for everybody in the lobby and two people dropping.

Now, it SHOULDN'T be disconnecting at all. They made some change around the end of January (Alan Wake patch) that made this happen much more frequently, and it's gotten even worse with the Unknown patch. Likely lowered or changed the threshold for what it considers a disconnect in some way, intentionally or accidentally. But since they don't comment on any of this in patch notes, and refuse to explain it in the forums, nobody has any idea.

This discussion has been closed.