How would you rework the Shrine of Secrets?

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,226
edited March 31 in Feedback and Suggestions

A common thread of the Decisive Strike debate is the discussion regarding a good anti tunnel perk being stuck behind a paywall. This is a fair point, but not exactly true...because there is the shrine of secrets. The problem is, the shrine is pretty useless, and very much needs an overhaul. It very rarely has the perks you want, especially if you only play one side, and even if it does have a perk you want, you usually dont have the shards you need and now need to grind. So how would you, dear reader, rework the Shrine?

The points to consider are: -

1. It needs to offer a means of fishing for perks you want, and are likely to buy, carefully balanced against the value of the perks themselves.
  2. It needs to be carefully balanced so that there is a reasonable trade off between time investment and monetary value. Reducing cost in the shrine is nice, but perks shouldn't be trivial to attain, putting money into the game should still be incentivised.
  3. Consideration of the respective value of perk tiers.
  4. Any other useful features.

My Personal Rework

• The shrine now offers 4 perks for survivor and 4 perks for killer.
  • Of these 4 perks for each side, 2 perks each are guaranteed to be yellow (a perk not in your blood web).
  • Yellow perks are more valuable than green or purple, as these get unlocked in the bloodweb. The cost of a yellow perk is 2000 shards. The green/purple upgrade versions each cost 1000.
  • Instead of a rolling timer to refresh perks, survivors instead have tokens to refresh whenever they decide to, the page otherwise doesn't change/move. They build up a refresh every 3 days to a maximum of 2. (This ensures being on holiday, doesn't miss your perk).
  • You may spend 250'000 bloodpoints at any time for an additional refresh. This can exceed the 2 refresh limit.
  • Buying a perk from the shrine does not get replaced with a new perk. You must use a refresh.
  • Every time a perk appears in the shrine, it's probability of appearing on subsequent rolls is reduced significantly for the next 5 rolls.

This means that using shards in the shrine to buy all of a DLC characters perks up to tier 3 is 12'000 shards. This is less than the cost of a full priced character, and encourages actually unlocking the character instead. The other benefits I trust are obvious.

Still lends itself to being something that helps out FTP players significantly, while also not making the monetary value of DLC trivial.

If it were me as a budget player trying to optimise value, I would consider getting the base game and the non licensed character bundles, level up those characters and then start fishing for other perks in the shrine. Since I can choose to hold on a page indefinitely, I can ensure I can get my perk, but the caveat is, the longer I wait I'm wasting refreshes on other perks I want.

Overall I feel this gives a good level of value to the shrine, while still having strong incentives to bypass it by just buying the DLC.