Heal boon Is miserable.

Options

self-care 45 seconds,

Boon totem: 20 seconds look for the totem, 15 seconds turn on the totem, 35 seconds wait for the companion who notices you (maybe) and comes to you, 10 seconds of healing. 80 seconds ... bond: look for a survivor to heal you for 20 seconds, heal 15 seconds = 35 seconds... in reality, every time I turned on the totem no one came to heal me and I never used it again... It need a buff, which you can heal yourself at least 40% (self-healing is 35%) or you can see the aura of the nearest Survivor for to meet at the end of the aura of the totem and for understand if anyone Is coming for me or not.

Comments

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 301
    Options

I think that the last CoH nerf was too much.

But I understand why it happened.

The only change I would add into it is making it more silent. It's too loud.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

They killed this perk as they remove the self heal from it. It will be useless as long as that is missing.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,504
    edited April 6
    Options

i rather my team runs like 2 botany knowledge then run's COH. It is funny how they weaken COH then release Strength from the Shadows that has infinity healing every 15 seconds…… that swf can hyper abuse.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

I agree botany is far more better than waste of time circle of garbage.

@ilmiglioree run sables perk just be wary that killers will most likely to come to the basement suspecting you have it, which is a major draw back vs self care yet an advantage, cause if they waste time to come look for you while people are doing gens your making a good distraction. But yeah circle of garbage is not worth it.

• goodfriday
    edited April 10
    Options

Yeah even without botany shadows is strong and killers who love annoying franklins well go ahead and waste your time and hit my brown med kit out my hand cause I still have shadows incase lol. I still do not get why to this day and time people(least solo que) is still brining circle of garbage.

Franklins and lightborn needs a token treatment because its really stupid (and why behavior do not just hide survivor names and items) is silly to me.

If perks are to be a gamble and risk and award thing, why can killers see what survivors have and bring 2 perks to counter whatever.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

Boons in general are pretty worthless. We'll make it or botany knowledge are both strictly superior to CoH.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 885
    Options

I feel if there was a way to put the boon up faster than it is currently they'd be more worth it:

Maybe make maps double up as ways to bless faster? Thoughts?

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 267
    Options

It shouldn't be taking you twenty seconds to find a totem. They tend to be near gens and a few maps have static totem spawns. Don't make setting up a boon your first objective, boon while travelling between gens. CoH is a great perk. I combine it with shadow step for relatively safe heals and it works very well.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 5,913
    Options

Injuring survivors would still be impactful even if you could heal yourself within CoH, as long as the healing speed isn't too high. They should have just nerfed the self healing speed to something like 50 or 60% and the perk would have been fine if you ask me.

• jonifire
    Options
  • ad19970
    Options

Pretty sure CoH was 75% before it got nerfed. So I really believe even 60% would have been fine. 50% would be a 32 second heal, plus the boon activation time would mean 46 seconds just to heal. Arguably even a bit much.

• jonifire
    Options

It was 50% self heal after some nerfs and then the final nerf is what we have now

• goodfriday
    Options

I still have nice memories of when it was 100%!!! it was like self care 2.0 which I read all the changes to self care and wow yeah like circle it was really gutted. Self care also use to be 100% whew.

• ad19970
    Options

Yeah but to be fair it really was too strong when it was at 100%. And even after the nerfs it was arguably still too good. They should have just reduced the healing speed a bit further than remove the self healing completely in my opinion.

• goodfriday
    Options

Yeah I pray shadows is not touched… cause am tired of brining a worthless med kit and it just takes 1 franklins cringe perk to make that med kit(even with the 2 dressing add ons that is now rare) to get any use out of it. The med kit changes are so stupid. You get more use and faster speed for using it on people yet you get less use and less speed for using it on yourself and botany with it on yourself ggs you get 0 heals.

Not sure why botany still has that item efficiency reduction on it for. They as well keep the purple one in the game and change it to common and delete the others lol. I never bring anything but a brown one so finally all my purple ones are showing big numbers almost in 3 digits.

• ad19970
    Options

Yes you are right. But it was 75% healing speed of the normal altruistic healing speed, that's why I got confused. Because it was 50% increased healing speed of the normal selfcare healing speed.

That I believe was still a bit too much, but I wish they would have just nerfed the healing speed a bit more instead of removing the self heal action completely.

• ad19970
    Options

Personally found the medkit nerfs good though, they were clearly too strong before the nerfs in my opinion. Botany could lose the medkit inefficiancy though, I agree with that.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 220
    edited April 11
    Options

As someone who plays both sides, I can totally see that the changes were needed, but not to this extreme extent. Here is how I would have changed healing overall.

Base-kit and general changes:

• Self-Care is now basekit. You can stitch yourself up, but at greatly reduced speed. Base self-healing speed is 33% (or 48 seconds)
    • Altruistic healing is unaffected by these changes.

Perk changes:

Self-Care:

• Increases efficiency of self-healing with med-kits by 15/20/25%
    • Blocks aura-reading while healing yourself or other Survivors with a Med-kit. - Situational counter-perk to Nurse's Calling

Botany Knowledge:

• Removed the efficiency de-buff on med-kits.
    • Self-healing has a base speed of 50% (32 seconds)
    • Altruistic healing unchanged

Boon: Circle Of Healing:

• Increases self-healing speed by 100% (with the base-kit change, you can practically heal yourself at the same speed as with the current med-kits, or just as fast as altruistic healing with Botany). - Does not stack with Med-kits or Strength in Shadows
    • All healing with Med-kits is now 10/15/20% more efficient.

Strength in Shadows:

• Increases base self-healing speed to 70% when within the basement. (This has 105% speed with Botany) - No change from the current state. - Does not stack with Med-kits.

Med-Kit changes:

Camping Aid Kit (brown):

• Decreased charges back to 16
    • Added a 50% self-healing speed bonus. Increases the self-healing speed to 50% (or 75% with Botany) - 32 seconds for a full heal (or 24 seconds with Botany)
    • Removed the self-heal efficiency penalty.

First-Aid Kit (Yellow):

• Charges is reduced to 20
    • Added a 66% self-healing speed bonus. This increases the base self-healing speed to around 55% (or 83% with Botany)
    • Removed the self-heal efficiency penalty.

Emergency Med-Kit (Green):

• Charges stay at 24
    • Added an 80% self-healing speed bonus. Increases the self-healing speed to around 60% (or 90% with Botany)
    • Removed the self-healing efficiency penalty.

Ranger Med-Kit (Purple):

• Charges increased to 28
    • Added a 100% self-healing speed bonus. Increases the self-healing speed to 66% (or 100% with Botany) - 26 seconds for a full heal, or 16 seconds with Botany
    • Self-healing penalty decreased to 15%

New *Trauma-Kit (Iridescent):

• 32 charges - Capped
    • 75% faster altruistic healing
    • 125% self-healing speed bonus. Increases the self-healing speed to around 75% (or 112.5% with Botany) - 24 seconds for a full heal, or 14 seconds with Botany
    • 20% less efficient on self-healing
    • Has a built-in Styptic function, where you can press the skill-check button to consume the trauma-kit in exchange for 10 seconds of Endurance. Stacks with Syringe, and this will automatically mend your Deep Wounds if you are in this state after 16 seconds

Having an "ultimate" med-kit seems like a good idea. To make it not overpowered, this med-kit can not take charge add-ons, and it retains the self-healing debuff, in exchange for a built-in Styptic. Note: This can be negated by Streetwise and the changed Self-Care.

Also, these ideas of changes aims to re-balance healing by making perks and med-kits synergize better togther. Not in terms of healing speed, but in terms of efficiency and versatility.

Post edited by THE_Crazy_Hyena on
  • ad19970
    Options

Basekit self care would definitely be interesting. And surely not too strong with the speed that you suggest.

So if I get it right, survivors would then heal themselves at 66% of the normal healing speed within CoH? I guess that could maybe have worked as well. Allthough I think 60% would be the sweet spot.

I am not sure if even a brown medkit should take 32 seconds to self heal though. That seems to slow for such an item.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,176
    Options

There should be no objections to having CoH allow the survivor to self care in any lit circle of healing boon as long as they brought the perk themselves.

Having 'easy access to healing' without bringing the perk yourself was the main complaint. This solves that issue without having the perk be literal dog #########.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 945
    Options

CoH is still a good perk, but it is SWF only perk.

You will find little to no use for this as soloQ, but that doesn't mean perk is bad.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    edited April 13
    Options

Basekit Self-Care would indeed be interesting, and having self-healing speed be based off of that would make it much easier to balance properly.

Yes, it could be tweaked of course. I went with 100% bonus speed since that was easy to figure out. Also, 66% is the same rate as the current med-kits have, so it would not be too imbalanced, considering that you also have to set up the boon beforehand.

Well, I kinda felt that the grades of medkits should actually matter. Granted, 50% is slow, I'll give you that. I could have messed around more with numbers until I found a better solution, but with the change to Botany, it would be a core perk to run if you were focused on running a healing build. So 75% self-healing speed would be the target.

This could also affect killers as well, and shake up the meta again. Maybe Coulrophobia would be a viable option to counter the healer. Anyways, I am just rambling, and thinking about changes to make the game less stale.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    Options