We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Bad bEHaviour

Options
gvn
gvn Member Posts: 3
edited April 9 in Feedback and Suggestions

Over the last decade, we've observed a significantly flawed aspect within a game, specifically regarding its hitbox design. The hitbox is poorly constructed, leading to scenarios where an attacker misses a hit, but it still registers as a hit. This inherently gives an unfair advantage to the attacker. It might be argued that this decision is made to maintain the attacker's lethality at high levels. If that were the case, a plausible approach would involve conducting simulations to measure the win rate, and then adjusting the hitbox accordingly. For example, changing the attacker's movement speed could be an option. By comparing the win rate before and after adjustments, developers could aim to maintain a balanced game. However, the absence of such actions, coupled with excuses to avoid addressing the issue, points to negligence and subpar workmanship. Even using artificial intelligence to ask questions about your game, such as ChatGPT, with a query like "Does the game called Dead by Daylight have issues related to its hitbox, receiving complaints from various players?" would provide insights into the game's description and players' perceptions that there have indeed been issues related to hitboxes, among other performance and balancing concerns. Nothing is more frustrating than experiencing poorly executed character movement, creating an uncomfortable feeling of having escaped only to be hit due to poor programming or lack of effort.

This highlights a lack of commitment from the company to its target audience and reflects a minimal effort toward the quality of their game. In English, we might call this a lack of diligence or care in execution—performing a task carelessly or inadequately and accepting this as sufficient. Making such adjustments is not a significant expense; it's an effort to enhance player comfort and prevent the discomfort of experiencing something that contradicts reality (being hit without actually being hit). I'm uncertain if this will lead to any repercussions, or if company representatives or community members will respond positively or negatively. Nevertheless, I appreciate your attention and wish everyone a good gaming experience.

I'm intolerant of rude people, that's what my doctor said. So, have fun.

Post edited by gvn on

Comments

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 393
    Options

Dynamic hitbox would mess with literally anyone including survivors

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

That's a long essay to say "I'm lagging"

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,982
    Options

When giving feedback, it's better if it comes from an actual person who played the game, and not an AI.

• gvn
    gvn Member Posts: 3
    edited April 9
    Options
    Nice.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,760
    Options

To be fair, VPN Killers have long abused the 'lagvantage' they get because hits aren't server verified, and are client-sided for Killer. That's part of the reason so many people dislike playing as Ghosty and Singularity, as the lag is now working against Killer instead of for Killer. I have 20ms on my server, but always get jank hits when I'm dealing with an 8-timezone VPN Killer (which are sadly all too common anytime past 10pm).

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 239
    Options

Maybe you should check the VOD when they explained hitboxes.

Sure it is not "perfect". But as they also mentioned it is not an FPS game.

Also. Bigger survivors should suffer more? And smaller one (who are already hide better behind a rock for example because they don't even need to crouch) should have advantage from their smaller hitbox? Most of these problems are from the lag.

Except Anna. Her hatchet is still a joke :D

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 446
    Options

Even using artificial intelligence to ask questions about your game, such as ChatGPT, with a query like "Does the game called Dead by Daylight have issues related to its hitbox, receiving complaints from various players?" would provide insights into the game's description and players' perceptions that there have indeed been issues related to hitboxes, among other performance and balancing concerns.

Here was ChatGPT's response to this question:

"As of my last update in January 2022, Dead by Daylight had experienced occasional complaints from players regarding hitbox issues, primarily related to hit registration and collision detection. However, the developers at Behaviour Interactive have been continuously working on improving the game's performance, including addressing hitbox-related issues through updates and patches.

Since game development is an ongoing process and community feedback plays a crucial role, it's possible that there may have been further updates or adjustments to address any lingering hitbox issues in Dead by Daylight beyond my last update. Therefore, I recommend checking the latest community feedback or updates from the developers for the most current information on the game's status regarding hitbox-related complaints."

Also asking it about hitboxes and latency:

"Dead by Daylight, like many online multiplayer games, can be affected by latency issues, which can in turn impact hitbox registration and overall gameplay experience. Latency, also known as ping, refers to the delay between a player's action and the game's response. High latency can lead to various issues, including hit registration problems, laggy gameplay, and inconsistencies in player interactions.

In Dead by Daylight, where precise timing and positioning are crucial for both survivors and killers, latency issues can be particularly frustrating. Players may experience situations where their hits don't register properly, or where their movements feel delayed or unresponsive due to high latency.

To mitigate latency-related problems, the developers of Dead by Daylight have implemented various measures, such as dedicated servers and optimization updates. However, latency issues can still occur due to factors like geographical distance between players, network congestion, and individual internet connection stability.

Players experiencing persistent latency issues in Dead by Daylight are encouraged to troubleshoot their internet connection, ensure they are playing on servers closest to their location, and report any ongoing problems to the game's support team. Additionally, staying updated on patch notes and developer communications can provide insights into ongoing efforts to improve latency and hitbox issues in the game."

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 278
    edited April 9
    Options

There's no way it's a ping issue because my ping is fine and the hitbox is ridiculous whether I'm playing survivor or killer. It's intentional to make the game as easy as possible for killers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/ejylb7/this_is_the_worst_game_ive_ever_played/

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 239
    edited April 9
    Options

First of all, ping is not an information. There is a reason why it is called latency. Also there can be dropped packages.

And for the love of god, think this "intentional to make the game as easy as possible for killers" again…. Your try to make your own connection issue some "dev shadowbuff the killers" or something lik this….

Also your clip is nothing to do with it. It is from 4 years ago.

Try support, so they can help to find what is your problem personally. Or try a VPN, maybe your ISP has some issues with the routing.