We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Where is Distressing, Genetic limits and This is not happening changes?

Options

I recall that there was suppose be some changes to these perks in the upcoming PTB changes. Will these perk be changed?

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,046
    Options

There was supposed to be, but they were wordlessly removed from the roadmap, which I find disappointing because I would like to see these perks get changes.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 263
    Options

I hope they will get changed, I just hope that the Distressing change will not just be removing the bloodpoint bonus.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 12
    Options

Me too, that would be such a waste to even mention it there, but they also did it with monitor and abuse, where they mentioned it and in realty nothing changed besides the FOV part, which became basekit.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 443
    Options

From a purely logical point of view (and with the hindsight of the PTB being a buggy near-unplayable mess with some changes not even properly working) it makes sense to focus on DS and UW since they were by far the most complained about perks (DS too weak for Survivors, UW too strong for Survivors) and putting in changes for those (killing off UW and buffing DS) would silence entire threads categories.

I can barely remember the last time I even saw This Is Not Happening, Genetic Limits and Distressing outside of meme builds/playstyles that were hyper-specialized around their effect (Wesker or Doctor running skillcheck builds, Basement Killers that used GL to always down both the rescuer and the unhooked, injured builds etc.).

I'm not surprised those perks got Shadow-pushed-back for later, especially when the PTB as it is now is already super buggy (it was even delayed because it was worse before BHVR released the PTB somehow) then most people would forget about the barely-used perks.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 230
    Options

Make barely used perks interesting. It's ridiculous that it takes them six months to change a handful of perks.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 443
    Options

Oh I agree, it would be much better to buff old, worthless perks than absolutely gutting strong ones.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

I will never understand behaviors balancing team. They always nerf what‘s picked much and okey where it is. Then they gutt those perks and it gets replace by another perk, which will be gutted next. They don‘t even try to give players anything good. The nerfing/gutting will never end if they don‘t introduce something new or buff things and they won‘t archive variety, because most players will just pick what is in strength under the gutted perks. For me the balancing team sucks all the fun out of the game.