We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Some Changes I Think Sadako Could Really Benefit From.

Options

While I seem to think the current version of this killer is better than most do, I still think she could use some adjustments.

• For one, she should not have a lullaby, her manifesting gives survivors plenty of time to react as it is.
  • Condemn stacks should fully lock in as they did on the PTB
  • Survivors should only see the aura of the designated TV when carrying a tape. I think them seeing the TVs neuters her ability to teleport mid-chase too much, and the weird static flickering around the TVs should be removed too
  • Make Ring Drawing Basekit. Current Ring drawing causes all other survivors to gain a condemn stack when you hook a survivor with a tape. This gives you stronger passive pressure as a whole. The tape is also destroyed when hooked
  • Tape insert and removal time should go back to 2 seconds and turning off the TV should take 1 second, not 0.5
  • I think another feature that could be cool is if every time a fully condemned survivor would have gained another condemn stack, killer instinct activates on them again, making being fully condemned even more threatening
  • Survivors with 4 or more condemn stacks should suffer from blindness, making Yoichi's fishing net base kit

Most of these were just ideas I brainstormed so they may have some design flaws I didn't think of. Feedback appreciated.

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited April 13
    Options

I think these suggestions are fine except the last two. I would be happy with this. Even if I just got no limit on condemn stacks I would take that if I got nothing else.

I have a lot of threads on the forums with suggestions and feedback if you ever want to read it. I also made videos on why Onyro is still weak. (To show her flaws)

Post edited by MechWarrior3 on
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,775
    Options

Remove the last two points and I think everything else is good.

Also remove the slow down entirely from Manifesting. Totally unnecessary when it does so little.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 151
    Options

I agree with all except the last one. That feels unnecessary.

• YayC
    YayC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 48
    Options

I like the enthusiasm but there are a couple of issues.

I actually really like her lullaby. I would rather they just make it map wide and slightly lower the volume so you don't remove the atmosphere it brings.

Agree'd on condemn stack lock in.

Only seeing the aura when carrying a tape won't do anything since good survivors will always be holding a tape because there is 0 downside to doing so except you can't use your item. So decent survivors will not be affected but bad ones will suffer when we need to shift the power dynamic in the other direction since good survivors are where she is completely useless.

Agree'd on ring drawing being basekit. I do think they stacks they receive need to be increased though, 1 stack is pointless. You don't hook on Sadako often and you certainly don't take chase with her. Having to find a specific survivor, take chase to down them and then hook them are all completely opposite of what you should be doing on Sadako in general so hooking with a tape is just something you do if you catch someone out. And at 1 stack that just isn't ever worth doing when it only happen maybe a couple of times per match. Also revert ring drawing.

100% agree on tape interaction timers across the board. Heck just increasing the time to grab a tape and keeping the insertion time would make a world of difference.

Killer instinct everytime you get a stack while condemned might be alittle too much just because of how long KI lasts. I do like the idea though, perhaps do something like gaining 2 stacks while at 7 will cause you to become exposed and scream? Then each stack after that you scream. That way you get abit of info and not the multi-second un-counterable wallhack killer instinct inflicts.

Yoichi fishing net should not be basekit if you can lock in all condemn at any stage. If you want to make someone blind the whole game, you should 100% be sacrificing an addon slot for it and it would make Yoichi's fishing net actually worth running to counter WoO.

One I would like to add is actually looking at the addons and fixing the ones that make no sense anymore. There are alot of addons made pre-TV aura that have now become completely useless and there are alot of addons that relied on 1.0 tapes pushing passive condemn as a reason to not run around with a tape that haven't been touched. Oblivious/Blinded next to a turned on TV addon does nothing because turning off the TV has no repercussions whereas before you had to choose whether you were going to gain passive condemn or be oblivious.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,267
    Options

Pretty good changes. Prob not all of them at once but most of them would be pretty good. Maybe the last 2 would be bit too much.

• opxtreme
    opxtreme Member Posts: 45
    Options

So, it sounds like you want an S tier Sadako. There needs to be a lullaby so survivors who don't have line of sight know to pre leave or they'll get tagged for free. The static produced by TV's should be changed to just create an effect around your screen telling you when your within range of a TV. Ring Drawing & Yoichi's Fishing Net should never be basekit, their pretty strong effects against solo q players. Condemned survivors should not be revealed by killer instinct at all, its already very hard to escape a determined Onryō without a tape already in hand, I propose that full condemnation be temporary.

• YayC
    Options

They wont get tagged for free though. You make a noise manifesting, you need to manifest to hit someone. That would be when you leave a gen.

" The static produced by TV's should be changed to just create an effect around your screen telling you when your within range of a TV.". It literally does that now what are you on about? You see an aura, you hear the TV and you get a static effect when you're within range. How much more do you want to dumb down the survivor side knowing you're within an aura range? If you're incapable of working it out in current Sadako with all the information you have that you're near a turned on TV nothing short of a flashing message on the screen saying "TV NEAR BY" is going to help you.

Ring drawing is not even close to being a strong effect nor is Yoichi's fishing net. Ring drawing is damn near useless with current Sadako since it's rework since any condemn you push with this addon can be outclassed by other addons 10 fold.

"Condemned survivors should not be revealed by killer instinct at all, its already very hard to escape a determined Onryō without a tape already in hand, I propose that full condemnation be temporary.". Lmao, you want to make a D tier killer even worse by removing one of the only bits of consistent information you can get as a Sadako? Here's an idea, don't get fully condemned in the first place. Outside of midwich it takes 0 effort to not get condemn on your side as a survivor, this suggestion you made tells me you simply don't understand how to play vs a Sadako at all.

• MechWarrior3
    edited April 13
    Options

He lullaby isn’t super necessary. I want them to keep it but make it map wide.

If we didn’t have it we’d lose out on “character” but survivors are already getting tagged for “free” I can’t believe you said “free”…. 😬

Her lullaby as it stands is TOO much.

1. It’s loud.
    2. it’s 24 meters
    3. Her stealth flickers her in and out.
    4. The VTR gives her away
    5. It’s even directional
    6. Manifesting from stealth mode is loud, gives survivors plenty of time in itself to pre run on top of all the other points I made.

There are way too many flaws with it. See what I mean? So the addon Clump Of Hair is useless due to the above.

“The static produced by TV's should be changed to just create an effect around your screen telling you when your within range of a TV. ”

Sure I guess but remove TV auras unless you’re carrying a tape.

“Ring Drawing & Yoichi's Fishing Net should never be basekit, their pretty strong effects against solo q players.”

I half disagree. Ring drawing should be basekit. If I am being pushed and forced to hook, this addon needs to be base kit with a new function to take its place. Yoichis basekit isn’t needed. She also doesn’t need 2 blindness addons…

“Condemned survivors should not be revealed by killer instinct at all, its already very hard to escape a determined Onryō without a tape already in hand, I propose that full condemnation be temporary.”

Also your last point I fully disagree on. It doesn’t make sense. I work my butt off to condemn someone or punish them for not doing my counter play but you want them not to be revealed by killer instinct? If anything killer instinct should last for seven seconds by lore instead of six seconds.

On top of that, you want to make a fully condemned survivor be temporary….. that doesn’t even sound fair to me. Especially in her current condition where it’s easier than ever for the survivor to cleanse. In a nutshell, the developers really dumbed down how to go against her…. It’s pitiful.

On the original post of this thread, I agree with all his points minus the last 2. Those would be unnecessary. This makes her a good killer again, but not S Tier and that’s fine.

Post edited by MechWarrior3 on
  • Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,465
    Options

Her lullaby is a cool aesthetic thing about her and i would hate to lose it.

• YayC
    Options

You make a noise when you manifest/demanifest that's extremely loud and obvious. That's your queue to move from a generator. Wraith doesn't have a lullaby and he moves at mach 1 when he uncloaks, why does Sadako have a lullaby and a noise for manifesting while not getting a speed boost like Wraith.

"The static produced by TV's should be changed to just create an effect around your screen telling you when your within range of a TV.". It literally does that now what are you on about? If a 24/7 wallhack TV aura, static effect within a TV range and a loud noise coming from a TV not enough to tell you you're in range of a TV then nothing short of a flashing message saying "TV NEAR BY" is going to help you.

"Ring Drawing & Yoichi's Fishing Net should never be basekit, their pretty strong effects against solo q players." No they are not, ring drawing since it's rework is absolutely terrible and is outclassed in passive condemn push by other addons 10 fold. Yoichi's fishing net is also completely outclassed by any other addon since it doesn't affect TV aura's.

"Condemned survivors should not be revealed by killer instinct at all, its already very hard to escape a determined Onryō without a tape already in hand, I propose that full condemnation be temporary." Lmao you want to make a D tier killer completely useless? Here's an idea, don't get condemned in the first place. Is extremely easy to not be condemned. All this is telling me is you have no idea how to play vs a Sadako.

You claim the person wants Sadako to be S tier, you want her to be even more unplayable than she is now only you want her to not only be unplayable vs good survivor but against survivors who are literally ignoring every single aspect of her power and remove all punishment for actively ignoring the power.

• opxtreme
    Options

U have defenetely DEFENETELY never played against Onryō

• opxtreme
    Options

, Demanifestation is not directional

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    • I only think the lullaby shouldn‘t been shown in the visual heartbeat. The atmosphere it gives is good.
    • „Condemn stacks should fully lock in as they did on the PTB“ - Agree
    • Survivors should only see the TV aura from the TV where they have to put in their tape
    • Yes current ring drawing should be basekit and the old one should return
    • Agree tape insertion speed should go back to 2s or at least 1,5s
    • The last 2 points aren‘t needed and too much in my opinion

• MechWarrior3
    Options

The lullaby is directional while demanifested. The sound effect to manifest is also directional.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

I'd be fine without the basekit addons, the rest I agree with.