We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

PC - Trapper stuck on own traps if the trap's state fails to update

Options
Gabrote42
Gabrote42 Member Posts: 30
edited April 13 in Bug Reporting

You know how if a survivor drops a pallet while you lag your client might not register it's dropped, and not let you walk through it or destroy it? It's that but with traps. The game client believes that you should be getting stunned by your own trap and the server disagrees, so you get stuck in place, only able to move the camera in 5° jittery increments, not able to hit or move, but you can vibrate in place.

Step 1 : Play Trapper on a low connection, low end machine, in a non-laggy map, like Haddonfield or Lery's

Step 2: Put a trap next to a window to showcase this effect

Step 3: Get a survivor to step on it.

Step 4 : Hit the survivor with a basic attack from the side while walking into the trap and during the falling animation hope a lag spike hits.

Step 5: Attempt to pick up the survivor. If you fail to move, the bug was triggered. Notice how you cannot vault the window or use M1

Step 6: Wait until the Iri stone you brought saves you by both resetting the trap server side, and waiting for a BMing survivor to step on it, freeing you (this took 2 or so minutes in the game)

Alternatively, you can try to reproduce the pallet version of the bug by playing on Shelter Woods and trying to have a survivor drop a pallet during a lagspike. It's hard to reproduce, happens one in every 20 games.

Additional information

• Trapper, using the metallic heir of Mcmillan mask and long smooth machete.
  • Sloppy Butcher, Spies from the Shadows, Brutal Strength, Agitation, with Iri stone and Trapper bag
  • Lampkin Lane, Haddonfield, specifically on the Myers House's front window
  • This version, only this time. And it wasn't even that laggy. The pallet version happens once every 30 or so games, but 2 updates ago it was happening on one out of every 8 games.

documents to add

• I have no images, I didn't have time to pull up the screenshot app, but it looked normal, only trapper snapping back into place everytime I made an input (except the way he was facing, but that could only be changed in 5-10° increments). I do not have enough RAM to record without crashing.
  • Logs (PC only)

Wish you luck. I would love if every 30 or so seconds the server checked with the client to see if their props are in the same state. That would mitigate the bug.

Post edited by EQWashu on
1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for your report.

Comments