Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Fix terrible fps + input lag on PC?

Options
MiracleMan0
MiracleMan0 Member Posts: 1
edited April 16 in Ask the Community

Hello,

I play dbd on my laptop with a NVIDIA Mx350 GPU which is not the best but I was getting it to work after watching Kyto's dbd optimization guide a few months ago. I am on Windows 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b6NloBtqf8&t=926s

I limited the game's fps to 30 and everything was pretty smooth and my input lag was gone (finally able to hit greats with some consistency lol). I could play while listening to YT vids or podcasts without lagging my game.

Last week I had a Windows update and updated by NVIDIA graphics driver to v552 from v551 and I cleaned out my disk fan which was very clogged. Since then, my GPU temps are much improved but my game is running worse than ever.

It's really unplayably bad with what looks like single-digit fps and huge input lag of almost 0.5s. If I open task manager I see that my memory is high but under 100% even with Chrome tabs open sucking away more memory, but my GPU hits 100% and then I run into the problems. I don't even have to be in game for this to happen, I can just be in the lobby and my GPU is at 100% and I see the input lag and poor fps. My CPU usage is low while playing it doesn't ever get close to 100%.

My ping is the same as it always is so it's not a network issue.

I have done everything I can think of, roll back my NVIDIA driver, re-install my integrated graphics driver, re-install dbd and reset my gameusersettings.ini file, scan for malware (none found).

I have other games on my laptop but they are low graphics demand and run perfectly fine with no lag, screen stutter, or input delay whatsoever. Streaming video is fine and doesn't use my GPU anyways.

I even ran benchmark tests and while my GPU is not great compared to other cards it is average compared to other Mx 350's, and my CPU is functioning great and I have 8 GB of RAM.

Any ideas? I'm sure there is some setting that I am missing that I need to toggle to get my GPU back to where it was.