If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Pardon me for noticing but...

Options
2»

Comments

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,173
    Options

It's literally what the player is implying by pushing these buttons.

I'm not reading anything into this. It's what happens.

The dbd community always had a problem with attitude, but there was always a fine line.

With this, people have crossed that line. Even a child gets told to not do things that are this inappropriate, but in dbd, people can do it to their hearts content.

Again, how are people fine with this?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,330
    Options

Probably the same way people are fine with playing a game where you kill people, another henious crime.

• radiantHero23
    edited April 17
    Options

That's the point of the game though.

If dbd is about sexually assaulting survivors as killers, then let it be that. I definitely wouldn't be playing it anymore, but then I would be fine with it.

As I said before: if the devs are fine with it, they can as well tell the customer that it regularly happens in their game.

Killing is the point of dbd. R**e definitely isn't.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey to me. Are you saying the devs should make humping a bannable offense? OP's post didn't mention humping and I was thinking of "toxic" expressions like t bagging, hitting on hook and nodding when I typed up my post.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 168
    Options

Then you would reduce it to once or twice making it look like they are looking for the pickup prompt similarly to when you scratch your forehead with a middle finger.

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 188
    Options

I feel it is more disenchantment than anger. For that to be a desired result is odd to me. If someone is playing for the sole purpose of creating disenchantment, than I would argue they enjoy trolling more than the game itself. Since I love the game, myself, I want others to love it. Hence, I go out of my way ro make the game enjoyable for others. I still play to win but there is a difference between that and some of the behaviors mentioned here.

Like Scott Jund has said, "dbd is just a fantasy, either side is in a position to completely trounce the other at any given moment, it isn't even a real competition." Given that I regard that as fact, it's amazing that the game is still as much fun as it is. Especially given how many seek to make it not such.

Overkill is a distinct possibility for either side. Using it when there is already near zero chance of losing is not good for the continued health of the game.

• radiantHero23
    Options

But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about aggressively doing it over the span of 10-20 seconds.

• Garboface
    edited April 17
    Options

I have come to the conclusion that the whole argument is ridiculous. That's not to say I don't find the staunch defense of the indefensible humorous. There will always be the Sam Shepherd impersonator for some tough talk while calling me "bud".

It's just that with "impossible to win" aspects at play., there will always be an overkill response required. Then the argument becomes when and how, which requires speculation as to one's precise ambitions. Lol, whole thing falls apart at that point.

It's really just a race to who employs the unwinnable strategy first and most effectively.

Post edited by Garboface on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,530
    Options

Tbf, teabagging is also just the click of a button but you'd think that was a crime by the amount of complaints I've seen about teabags over the years. If people can express their displeasure over teabagging then I don't see why there's an issue with someone expressing their displeasure over being humped on the ground.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 168
    Options

Why make that distinction? Intention stays the same. You compare it to a crime, want it to be bannable but then are fine with it in small doses?

• Garboface
    edited April 17
    Options

Hitting on the hook is also bad and last game, I believe the killer stared at me a little too long to be merely neutral.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 290
    edited April 17
    Options

Honestly putting the 4man sweat squads against all the toxic 5k hour nurses and blights and other killers that play like their moms life depends on it would be amazing. I'm just trying to get some BPs I don't want 5 minute games where everyone was camped and tunneled before completing a gen.

• Garboface
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree. Sbmm pretty much takes care of that for the most part. Unfortunately,, the secret is out. Just do gens and you'll escape every time. This is about 90% of the survivor population in my opinion. I generally only win (sans chasing people off the hook, I have to say it that way as tunneling has a multitude of meanings now) when I am playing against folks who don't understand the simple principle. Usually, such a lack of knowledge entails other intellectual "shortcomings" and I suspect many of us killers who don't engage the aforementioned "strategy", would never get any kills.

Myself, I almost never play with a mic. Seems more pure that way but also comes with it's problems.

• radiantHero23
    Options

The one thing can be something that is not inteded. The other is clearly intended.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,160
    Options

If that was the case, then having a mori with such an animation would be no big deal but somehow I don't think most of us would accept that.

We are talking about a player going out of their way to insinuate sexual assault. They do not do that as a mind game, they do not do that to gain an advantage (quite the opposite as they waste time doing it), they do it to ruin the game for someone else. That is the definition of toxicity and definitely warrants a report.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,019
    Options

But it doesn't though, it's not assault it's a game where some kid made that up, if we're gonna take that stretch then the nurses mori is sexual assault because she unwanted rides me and the clowns is because he licks my pinky finger without my permission, do you see how ridiculous this sounds? Stop letting some kids control your fun

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,324
    Options

I'm closing this here, just a reminder for everyone to please avoid making light of serious issues.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.