We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

In Game Manual Update

Options

I’ve been watching MintSkull’s new video and I’m halfway through the video and agree with a lot of the takes so far.

Here’s the video so everyone can check it out and see the points made:

I think the manual in game needs to be reworked to be a lot more informative and updated to include videos to show the specific part of the game the manual is trying to explain in progress (such as killer instinct)

There can also be a compendium for each killer of varying length so the reader can get to learn about each killer currently in the game to know how the killer plays as and against with tips on both sides.

Granted, this could be intentional but I think since the devs are updating older aspects of the game (such as the store and many more to come) the manual is a good place to continue (along with the tutorial)

I’m excited to see what the devs have planned to update next and look forward to the future of the game. But I do recommend an update to the manual would be a nice thing to see

Comments

• moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 65
    edited April 18
    Options

I honestly didn't even know there was a game manual until watching the video recently. I check the DbD wikia when I need to read up on status effects or something similar haha.

I doubt new players are going to scroll through the plain text to understand the game better, especially when so many of the terms used barely mean anything to you when you start playing. Including videos/images and tips would be a great improvement.

I really agreed with Mintskull's ideas to make the tutorial longer and more thorough, and include more aspects of the game (the Trapper's power example he gave was really good in my opinion). There are also several really important game features missing, for example items and how to use them, sabotaging, 8-kick limit etc, that in my opinion would be better learned during the tutorial.

In the comment section of the video someone had an idea of a glossary that get updated with new perks and characters you encounter - this way the horror element of not knowing what you're up against can remain, but players also get to gradually learn and read over perks and killer powers.

• End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 143
    Options

I like that final comment a lot, reminds me a lot of HUNT: Showdown where more is revealed in the monsters glossary the more enemies/bosses you end up killing. The more often you face a killer, the more tips can be unlocked for that killer so you can learn how to play against them without knowing what you’re going into at first. I think that’ll be such an amazing change and having a little pop up in the main menu saying something like

“A vague recollection washes over you, something has unlocked within your subconscious, revealing more information than before.”

And then the game can direct the player to the manual so they can see the killer they just faced and the perks. I think that idea actually is such a genius way to go about it because you unlock more entries and how to face the horrors of the fog the more times you face that specific killer and perk.

Reworking the tutorial, having videos to show exactly what is being talked about (like in Helldivers 2) and adding new glossary sections after playing against a certain character (like in HUNT: Showdown) will be an amazing way to teacher newer players everything going on and what’s been added since the old tutorials were made years ago. It’s a good way of giving those players a better way of understanding certain killer powers (such as Xeno where the turrets are placed too close to the tunnels).

This is something I’d gladly see come into the game and be willing to test to see how it works, as BHVR are updating older parts of the game, the manual and tutorials would be a good place to go next. It’s either those, or the lobby menu (which I also wouldn’t mind getting updated next)