We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Chests Needs A Buff

Options

I feel like one of the most forgotten elements in DBD are chests. Of course for good reason. Chests are a waste of time majority of the time. Searching for one, digging just for it to provide you a very mediocre item that either will get used up quickly or not used at all. All that time spent could've been used to do a gen or unhook a teammate. The Bloodweb also provides you a better chance at higher rarity items and add-ons.

If chests are going to waste survivors time while searching, it should at least provide something worth while. The best thing to do to buff it, funny enough, has been done before. The Lights-Out game modifier gave players who search chests a higher rarity item. I think all chests should be buffed to provide a higher chance to get a high rarity item. Maybe 25% low rarity (Brown and Yellow items) 50% mid rarity (Green Items) and finally 25% for high rarity (Purple items)

I do think that Basement chest should have a even higher chance to get a high rarity item as well. Maybe 15% low rarity, 35% mid rarity and 50% high rarity.

I think these changes will allow players to reward them better with their time searching for a chest instead of immediately doing something to progress the game fast such as doing gen after gen only, aleviating pressure off of killers who need to kill survivors fast due to gens flying by a single chase. This will also give survivors a secondary objective that is worth pursuing.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,809
    Options

Honestly I think the perks that guarantee a specific item make chests decent but I wish they would work on either opening and scavenging. Otherwise you end up opening a chest and then scavenging just get a toolbox or flashlight.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,034
    edited April 19
    Options

This was my suggestion:

The TLDR version is: -

• The only real niche chests can serve is if you want to hide your item from the killer in lobby.
    • Survivors need options to acquires these items quickly.
    • They need options to significantly increase the rarity and strength of the items they acquire.

They can't ever be meta, because doing your objective will always be better than searching for an item to help doing your objective… but at least if perks actually allowing looting to be a omplete waste of time, that is the only way these perks see life.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,665
    Options

I agree with this way of thinking. A question I think this raises is "should you be able to take these unique chest items out of the trial?". It could both these items more appealing by being able to keep them, and contribute to the present issue if you manage to just stockpile a large amount of these items in your inventory. Getting to keep them would definitely add tension/excitement matches since if you die, getting another one of those will be more difficult than any other items.

Overall I definitely think the idea would do some good though.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 194
    Options

Survivors Items all need a serious buff/rework. But I doubt it will happen, the only thing look at is killer add ons.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,665
    Options

I doubt it's not being looked at. It's probably just taking longer cause adjusting items has a much more widespread effect than an addon that slightly adjusts a singular killer's power.