We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Twins Rework - PTB to Release Changes

Options

First, thank you very much for the effort put into attempting to improve the Twins.

I'll try to make this concise.

Background: We have waited years for the Twins rework after the devs told us it was next in line after Legion and GF. The rework was delayed on multiple occasions due to being more complicated than initially thought and "needing more than a number tweak". For years, the player base requested simply adjusting the time to switch between victor and charlotte to make it feel more smooth and less punishing. Now, we finally received the Twins rework.

PTB Twins rework: Adjusted switching time to make smoother and less punishing. Additionally, had a lot of interesting changes including the victor latch to dying state (not healthy) and Charlotte gaining haste.

This felt like exactly what the devs said. More than a number tweak and reworked with interesting changes. I loved what I saw and read, but the community did not. Many stated the Twins were now busted OP and broken.

Post PTB changes: removed victor attaching to survivors put into dying state, re-added victor attaching to healthy survivor hit/injured, and removed Charlotte's haste.

Leaving what, the number adjustment for the switching between Charlotte and Victor and some addon tweaks?

Issues: My issues are NOT the "release" state we expect the Twins be at after the rework/patch release. I have two issues and they are the following.

1. The devs said the Twins needed more than number tweaks and we waited +2years for number tweaks. Could they have not attempted the Charlotte/Victor switching number tweaks prior to moving forward with other rework ideas? Then if the twins are in a good state after the number tweaks, they can pause or stop other Twins changes.
  2. The devs put so much time and energy into reworking the twins with more than a number tweak, only for it to get reverted before the patch even releases.

Alternatives:

I would have appreciated the "post ptb" changes to be ready in a hotfix patch and for the twins to hit live in "ptb state" so that everyone could have a chance to experience the new twins and provide feedback. (I feel this feedback would be more genuine, and less skewed than ptb feedback)

OR

That the "post-ptb" changes reverted either who victor latched to or whether or not Charlotte gains haste, but not both.

Comments

• atlasbunny
    atlasbunny Member Posts: 28
    edited April 18
    Options

The developers could save weeks, if not months of work simply by communicating with players, or at the very least the Fog Whisperers — y'know, the professional DBD streamers who know the game inside and out? Instead, they choose to keep all productive discussion within company walls, where they keep throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks, and thus, we have to suffer through these "reworks" that get rolled back instantaneously.

I can't tell if BHVR's developers are plugging their ears, or (much more likely) their management is trying to rush the devs to cobble something together so that it looks like they're prioritizing players' actual desires. I really don't think a 3-month Killer release schedule is working out for these guys.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • SixShotOcelot
    SixShotOcelot Member Posts: 121
    edited April 18
    Options

That's fair!

I have noticed a trend toward listening to community feedback more so than in the past. So, I am hopeful that they will continue to listen community feedback more and more moving forward.

And, if they plan to go against an overwhelming community opinion, maybe share with the community why they are going that route.

Post edited by EQWashu on