We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

PTB reverts + Beta testing and consulting

Options

First of all, thank you so much for reverting some of the changes (especially Twins rework) that would have made the gameplay worse. I really appreciate that you listened to the feedback.

And in regards to that, I hope that you consider a bit of a change to your approach with new content. If you had consulted players that are really good with Twins (a few streamers come to mind), you would have saved yourself a lot of time, effort and money. Same goes with doing beta tests with a small group of expert players (not devs, but someone else (like streamers) who can give a fresh outside perspective) who can point out big problems before the PTB hits public access.

I believe that with these consultings and beta testings with expert players you can gain great guidance, and avoid implementing changes that many people will end up disliking.

Once again, I am very happy that you have kept the base power of Twins the same, because it feels much better than the proposed PTB change. 💜

Comments

• atlasbunny
    atlasbunny Member Posts: 28
    Options

I don't even think we should be thanking them for reverting the changes when they never would have happened if they'd consulted with literally anyone who plays the game, like you said.

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,005
    Options

I know what you mean but, they could have just pushed the changes to live, with some number tweaks to try to alleviate the problems. If would have been a bad play, in my opinion. Them instead reverting the changes was probably a harder decision given the amount of resources spent on the PTB stuff, but a much better one. So, it could have been much worse, but thanks to BHVR's willingness to revert, it wasn't. :)

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,183
    Options

while it would be great to get more input from the player community, please don’t just take big streamers for this. They already (often, not always) promote these unfun ways to play and us vs them mentality and they are not game designers and shouldn’t be treated as such.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,479
    Options

wow so ultimate weapon is only good for camping now. that's crazy. dead perk. you hook someone, bbq shows everyone. open a locker. if no one around, chase other people, if someone is around, you chase that survivor away from hook. Gloried Awaken Awareness.

So the question is, can you hold victor hostage still or can recall victor? If you recall victor on survivor's back, that is major buff. that was 1 of key issues of twins. If not, then rework failed address 1 of their major issues. The only other issue that twins still has is picking up survivors from super far that hold-w. What would helped is switch button to switch victor and Charlotte position. this gives option for killer to slug but doesn't force it on the killer to do every time allowing them to quickly hook survivors like every other killer.

Other than that. uninteresting changes.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 124
    edited April 18
    Options

I understand where you coming from but at the same time, I don't think the devs should be praised and celebrated for any of this. The thing is that none of this should have happened to begin with. It's not a new idea to have beta testers and have outside consulting for huge reworks/updates for something. So many other games use these for their updates. OW for example had selected a few players to test out Sombra's rework to test out a lot of different ideas before they committed to a change.

All they did was waste not only their time but ours as well for something that ended up being a 2-year QoL change. Now this mid-chapter has been left with little to no content and honestly one of the worst mid-chapters I can think of. There is nothing in this chapter to look forward to for most of the community. We could at least had a rework to Freddy or Myers by now if they just did these QoL changes for Twin 2 years ago. Now these killers have waited for their turn for updates for no reason whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy they didn't push through the rework since it was so bad but I'm not going to sit here and say "Thank you" to the devs for wasting so much time for no really good reason.