We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivors invulnerable to Xenomorph's Tail Attack when placing Flame Turret

Options
Spengler
Spengler Member Posts: 3

PC (but assumedly all platforms)- when a survivor is in the animation of setting up a flame turret, they are immune to being hit by the Tail Attack from the Xenomorph. Normal M1 hits work fine.

Additional information

• Character played- The Xenomorph
  • Perks played- N/A
  • Map- Any
  • Frequency of the issue- Whenever the survivor is partway through doing the animation for setting the turret up. A normal M1 hit works fine and damages the survivor and destroys the turret, but if you initiate the Tail Attack at any time after the exact start of the animation, it goes right through them.

3 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,178
    Options

WAIT

THAT is what happened in my Xeno game yesterday?? It’s a bug?

I just assumed I missed as tail attacks are so weird with their hitbox. But yeah, yellow tip went straight to the immobile surv in animation and I didn’t get the hit, it was super frustrating 😅

• Spengler
    Spengler Member Posts: 3
    Options

Yep, it's a bug. Xeno's tail has some really janky moments with the hitbox, but it's especially prominent when trying to hit a survivor when they're placing a turret. If you hit them right as the animation starts it's fine, you hit them as you'd expect, but any later and it just goes through them.

The hitbox seems to have a lot of janky moments, but most seem to come from when a survivor is midway through certain animations, the turret setup being the worst culprit.

• SvenDaMan
    SvenDaMan Member Posts: 22
    Options

I can confirm. I am a xeno main.
    Its more of a hitbox issue with the survivors rather than the tails hitbox. To hit those shots you have to aim way behind the survivors and swipe into them. Ofcourse I'd also rather have smoother hitboxes