We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

If you're the last survivor left, should you get the chance to unhook yourself?

Options
Tyler3
Tyler3 Member Posts: 39
edited April 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

When you're the last survivor alive and get hooked, you instantly die, even if you hadn't been hooked prior to that. Do you think that you should at least get the chance to try to unhook yourself in this situation? I honestly don't see why not. Sure the killer will just chase you down straight away but you should be able to TRY.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 528
    Options

Thats how it used to be back in the day.

I remember doing a 4% unhook & running almost the entire length of the map & escaping probably the best dbd chase I ever had!

Got to keep in mind though base kit bt wasn't in the game then if you could unhook now meters from the gate you're out no matter what 99% of the time & every killer would litterally face camp you regardless.

It does suck & it annoys me too when it happens but I can see why it is how it is.

• MagicDragon
    MagicDragon Member Posts: 49
    Options

definitely if the survivor has deliverance, they should get a few seconds to unhook themself. rewards intentionally going down to buy teammates time to escape, gives you a chance to run to a gate. other than that i think it's unnecessary, wouldn't object to it but also wouldn't care if they never changed it.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,245
    Options

This is my feeling as well. Keep everything as it is now, just allow Deliverance to work then if it's activated.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,082
    Options

I don't see why, honestly. The 4% chance for a self unhook are outdated anyway and Deliverance when everyone else is dead only incentivises the killer to completely ignore you and close the hatch first. Or slug for the 4k.

This however has the issue, that survivors will adapt to to this and start waiting at the exit gates to open them immediately when the hatch is closed, which only incentivises slugging for the 4k even more.

• IlessThenThreeDevour
    IlessThenThreeDevour Member Posts: 6
    Options

I am against the 4% mechanic in general, so with bias I will just say no, also I dont know exactly what this would solve

Most likely would just lead to more problem with slugging and stuff

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,595
    Options

Just 1 attempt, not 3.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,827
    Options

I don't see the point. Killers will just camp the last survivor and down them again 10 seconds after they unhook.

• weekendguy
    weekendguy Member Posts: 10
    Options

Bad idea. If that happens, every round the killer will camp on last survivor's dead body and wait till bleedout.