We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Thoughts on a BP Bonus for lesser played Killers?

Options
ArkInk
ArkInk Member Posts: 320
edited April 22 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think one thing that would encourage many players (especially newer players) to try some of the lesser seen members of the cast would be to maybe try a scaling blood point slider on how often a killer is seen. Either that or some of the lesser played Killers in the cast could be placed into a pool where each week 3 get swapped in for a bonus and they rotate in and out accordingly.

What are your thoughts on this idea? Do you think it would benefit the gameplay, or just lead to a lot of people throwing matches for the sake of grinding? I think it could result in more killer variety among matches, without being such a massive incentive that everyone hops in.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 320
    Options

Absolutely, solo Q is already unbearable enough as is, giving them only 7-25k per match is probably one of the reasons why a lot of new players quit.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,670
    Options
  • dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 560
    Options

While a blood point bonus is definitely helpful to newer players, it does very little for everyone else as the current blood point economy, especially around killers, is very abundant. It's not a good enough incentive. The rift somewhat encourages diversity, but at an extremely small scale with little to no impact.

The devs need to provide an incentive like bloodpoints to encourage newer players to try different characters, but also provide an incentive to veteran players. Whether it be an exp increase or shards or something.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,277
    Options

I am not playing Hag even with +100% bonus, sorry. That killer is zZzzZzzZZzZzz… + gets destroyed againts SWF group who knows what they are doing.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,082
    Options

I like that idea. But I feel it would be kind of unfair, if the all the eligible killers were locked behind dlcs, which could very well happen.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 247
    Options

It tacitly punishes people for playing their favorites. People who enjoy wesker would never get a bonus, for example. That's unfair. And the system only benefits survivors. You're trying to incentivize people to play weak killers that survivors like to go against. A BP bonus isn't worth getting trashed on a bad and unfamiliar killer and I think people will figure that out pretty quickly.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,827
    Options

That will muddy the stats. Is a killer played more because it's popular? Or because it has bonus BP?

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 848
    Options

Bro they need to give me 1000% more bp to play twins

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

Afwul idea. There is a reason why killer is unpopular. Why bandaid it with BP instead of fixing the problem? I won't play Hag or Twins even with 1000% BP bonus, simply because I better waste my time on killer which I'm enjoying.

And if all killers will have similar pickrate on a paper, what devs should look at to make some decisions? Billy probably still would be miserable to play as, If we had this bandaid in game.

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 103
    Options

This isn’t to fix the problem of valance, it’s to add variety to everyone’s gameplay. When I’m survivor I verse the same 5 killers over and over and over again. It’s boring. As killer only time I play different killer is for challenges and dailies to get BP. Plus if more people play a bad killer, the kill rate statistics will change which will give the devs a better idea on how to buff/nerf.

• bleep275
    Options

I think this is a great idea. The game definitely needs variety and people should be pushed to play something other than the meta. Part of the reason I don’t play survivor is because I play the same 5 killers with the same build and strategy. It’s boring and repetitive. As killer I only stick with the ones I’m good at to get more bp. Having a drastic BP bonus would definitely motivate me to play worse killers and learn them better.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,827
    edited April 23
    Options

They use these stats to inform balance changes, in conjunction with kill rates, because there's more to it than just kill rates, killers may simply not be enjoyable to play, regardless of their kill rate..

If a killer isn't played much, then that's evidence that the killer isn't fun or effective to play. So it may get buffs or a rework, like they justvtried with Twins.

If a killer is played a lot then that's evidence that the killer is performing well and doesn't need buffs.

If a killers pick rate is inflated due to BP bonuses, but there's feedback that the killer is unfun or underpowered, then BHVR won't know if that's subjective opinions or something they need to action.

• bleep275
    Options

if the killer play rate increases during bonus BP times… they can adjust for that variable. And if it still doesn’t rise then that shows severe problems with that killer. Just because there is a flaw doesn’t mean there isn’t benefits to this.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,986
    Options

It wasn't programmed to harm the crew…

It was in fact programmed to get +100% bonus bloodpoints, though.