We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Can survivors have some kind of buff to deal with laggy killers?

Options
Sarrif
Sarrif Member Posts: 52
edited April 23 in Feedback and Suggestions

So we all know that the majority of hits only actually happen due to high latency and I believe the devs have stated before that it's too hard to program any kind of hit detection that's not based on what the killers see. But could survivors have like something to help deal with killers being given free hits?

While ideally in a perfect world hits would be validated by the server instead of whatever happens on killers screen. I doubt that will happen anytime soon, so maybe instead when the killers got insane ping survivors get faster movement speed or vaults to balance out the game?

Comments

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 60
    Options

That would at the same time punish killers that might just have a lag spike or not the best internet connection in general.

While I think that using VPN for their advantage should be a bannable offence, since it’s basically cheating on certain killers, I don’t think there is much you can do on the game side besides changes to how hit validation is favoured. They could consider a VPN detection tho.

• Vindictus
    Vindictus Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 12
    Options

They need to have a ping limit in the game, other online games I've played having a ping over like 200 for an example will boot you out of the game.

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 52
    Options

Yeah they should be punished. The alternative is punishing survivors with good internet for existing.