Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Is anyone else on PC having major performance issues since 7.7.0?

Options
knuffeldraakk
knuffeldraakk Member Posts: 5
edited April 24 in Ask the Community

When last playing yesterday morning on 7.6.2 my game was perfectly fine, computer could easily handle running the game while listening to music on yt and having another game open on my second monitor.

But ever since 7.7.0, I'm having major performance issues.

Practically starting with yesterday evening, about an hour after the usual "Steam Maintenance"... my games ran as if something was chokeholding/bottlenecking my internet HARD. I was rubber-banding like crazy, I had frequent lobby disconnects, up to a point I got a 15 minute matchmaking ban and called it quits. NOBODY in the lobby had a "bad ping" icon/warning, my browser and discord was working perfectly fine, and even taskmanager or SpeedTest reported no strain on connectivity.

On a retry later... same issues. First the game stutters and lags like crazy when starting up (Which is new, to be frank, but it's just the game booting up...), but in the game itself... again... lots of stuttering, major rubber-banding, audio desync, killers making Australian-connection swings, and again nothing on my, my isp or my route's end is suggesting the internet connection is bad. And all of this is even happening when there's absolutely nothing else running on my pc. A night-and-day contrast to how it was yesterday.

Skill Checks feel as if I'm on a permanent 4-stack Huntress Lullaby, and I can't even attempt to dodge attacks that literally don't register as-seen.

Answers

• Jetstream_Kaz
    Jetstream_Kaz Member Posts: 8
    edited May 6
    Options

if u turn on fps counter in steam u can see ur frames. im having same issue where before i could run the game at 120fps but now its randomly capping itself around 20

update: reinstalled nvidea drivers and now im gucci

Post edited by Jetstream_Kaz on