Game no longer launches for AMD Phenom II X6 users

Options
Spill
Spill Member Posts: 234

After the 7.7.0 update the game will no longer launch for my friend. I found others online that are having the same issue as her. Upon sharing info we all realized we all had the same CPU: AMD Phenom II X6

I'm just curious if anyone from the dev team can acknowledge this.
My friend only plays DBD and is very disheartened that UE5 may no longer allow her to play.
She has over 1k hours and can't really afford a new PC.

Any confirmation that this is being looked into would make her feel better.

2 votes

Not a Bug · Last Updated

This is not actually a bug, I believe that CPU is below our recommended specifications to run the game, and isn't compatible with Unreal Engine 5

Comments

• Dr_Troione
    Dr_Troione Member Posts: 7
    Options

True, this CPU was already below the minimum system requirements, which for AMD is FX-8120, but it ran the game just fine till the engine change.

What really sucks is the unluck of having a 14 years-old CPU, while the minimum required is a 13-year-old one…! 😌

There's a thing we can blame BHVR for, however, and not a little one:

if the past years requirements had been correct (including Phenom II CPUs) , now, with the new engine coming, BHVR would have communicated the upcoming change in CPU requirements well in advance (maybe even months before). Instead, from one day to the next and with zero advice, we find ourselves with no solutions except changing PC entirely in order to run the game…

• sprogster
    sprogster Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4
    Options

At some point, you just need to upgrade beyond 14 years old hardware if you want to continue to game.