Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Crashing on Loading Screens

PC / Game stops actually loading while on loading screen and crashes several minutes later/ Unreproducible

Over 25 times now has the game frozen and eventually crashed on 'Loading' screens at various points, if it didn't crash while Initializing Shaders.
I will launch the game and Initializing Shaders takes forever. If it doesn't crash while initializing Shaders, it freezes on a loading screen. Be it the loading screen before main menu, the loading into lobby screen, the loading into game screen, or the loading out of end game review screen. On any random loading screen, the game will suddenly stop actually loading. My friends will then tell me I disconnected from the lobby, and the loading screen with stay frozen for up to 8 minutes before it registers that the game has crashed and asks me to send a crash report, if I don't stop the game through steam. It never says the game isn't responding.

Answers

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

I have a similar issue where it crashes my graphics drivers... But I don't really know what to do about it, have had this issue for years now and it only happens with dbd, no other game.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

my game is freezing on the loading screens between matches as well. If I enter the lobby and leave it, there is also a chance it happens. And whenever I end a match and leave the end results screen it freezes as well.

I haven't bought this rift's pass when the update dropped ultra messy with stutters and other bugs, but since it still holds to that freezing problem I keep refusing to purchase it because frankly I can't even play it properly without this breaking the flow every single match.

• Samusss
    Samusss Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem but only since the new season

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,960

I fixed this by adding "-dx11" to the Launch Settings for the Game on Steam. I hope this helps you out.

I unfortunately don't know how to help the consoles with this issue.

It could also mean a writing error to the NVIDIA Shader Chache
    It should be relatively safe to fix, make sure the game is closed when you do this.
    Then go to %appdata% :\Users\"You"\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\DXCache
    (YOUR ADRESS MAY VARY)

Delete all the files that are not being used and in theory if your problem is a shader issue, then the game will ask your graphics card to make a new shader cache for you for Dead by Daylight and it will probably not bug out again. (probably)

Let me know if it helps anybody.