Re-Lit Hex Totems Don't Have Light Actors Attached/Activated, Making Them Appear Like Dull Totems

Options
NotJared
NotJared Member Posts: 385
edited May 6 in Bug Reporting

Platform:

PC (Steam)

Description:

(This one is a bit confusing, I've tried to word this as carefully as possible with lots of reference images)

There are several Hex perks that, should they be able to be re-lit, do not attach a light Actor to the associated Totem, making Hex Totems appear like a Dull Totems without closer inspection.

AFFECTED PERKS (that I know of): Hex: Two Can Play; Hex: Face the Darkness; Hex: Pentimento

Each of the Affected Perks manifest this differently, but all happen when the activation requirement for the Hex causes a totem to light up.

The only perk that falls under this category and DOES NOT seem to be affected by this bug is Hex: Plaything. This is what my Plaything totems look like even after the first instance of Plaything was lit, and a helpful reference for what Hex totems should normally appear like:

When a Totem is Rekindled by Hex: Pentimento, the Totem spawns the spiral VFX around the totem that is associated with Rekindled totems, but no Lights are attached to the Totem. Notice how the candles appear lit, but the totem is not underlit with a Light Actor like Hex Totems should be:

When Hex: Face The Darkness is in play, the bug triggers after a totem has been lit, turned off, and activated again by Face the Darkness. This is what Face The Darkness looked like the first time it triggered:

After I downed the Cursed survivor, deactivating Face the Darkness back into a Dull Totem, and then injured another survivor causing the EXACT SAME Totem to light into a Hex totem again, this is what the associated totem looked like:

Again, despite the candles lighting up this totem is not underlit and almost appears like a normal totem!

Strangely, Hex: Two Can Play seems to trigger on the first instance of the perk being activated consistently, but it appears like this every time Two Can Play is created:

I have not been able to test to see if this lighting bug triggers on totems that have turned into Hex totems after being made Dull from another Hex by a Boon being placed on it (Hex → Boon → Snuffed to Dull → Hexed again), although I don't know if this type of interaction would even affect this scenario.

Steps to Reproduce:

Step 1) Use any of the perks Hex: Two Can Play, Hex: Face the Darkness, or Hex: Pentimento

Step 2) Get any of these perks to appear on a totem. Hex: Face the Darkness will only trigger the bug after it has already been activated, deactivated, and then reactivated. (I have not tested if it HAS to occur on the same totem that it was on before, or if the 2nd totem is unlit no matter which totem it appears on.)

Step 3) Observe the lights on the totems

Note: There could be more Perks that this bug affects. I just have not been able to produce or test any more scenarios where this occurs via my own testing.

How Often Does This Occur:

Consistently when the proper conditions for RE-LIT totems are met, but it's very confusing to keep track of all the totems and how they were created.

Game Logs:

Post edited by NotJared on
4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments