Map Offerings should be nerfed or reworked somehow.

TotesRider
TotesRider Member Posts: 21
edited May 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've had quite a few games where someone would use something like an Ormond offering while I brought a Sacrificial Ward and would somehow still wind up in the Ormond.

On the one hand while I would rather them just be eliminated all together, I get the purpose of why the game has map offerings. But they're still way too powerful imo.

Maybe something like, if two Survivors bring a identical map offerings you're pretty much guaranteed that map, while Killers can have something like a Yellow or Green map offerings like in the old days.

For survivors

1 Offering= 40-50% chance

2 Offerings: 80-100% chance

(i'm pulling numbers out of my ass i'm no good at math tbh)

Killers

Yellow Offering= 40-50%

Green= 80-100%

Now as a whole I do think Offerings as a whole need a rework but that's a discussion for another day imo

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,215

they will not change the offering. they will change the maps such as new haddonfield. I hope they change badham next.

• TotesRider
    TotesRider Member Posts: 21

Well least they can do is make it so that if I use a sacrificial ward and they use The Game, then The Game is completely eliminated as a potential map.
    And yes Badham could use a fixer up imo.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,215

offering only disables the map offering. it does not remove The game from the potencial maps.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 892

It should. It should also disable all map offerings, no matter how many are played.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

They should just remove them. The player brining the map offering can base their entire build around the map and dominate the opposition. The most notorious example is probably nurse + midwich offering.

• YamamuraVideoRentals
    YamamuraVideoRentals Member Posts: 121

I don't think there's anything wrong with map offerings. Of course people might want to take advantage of certain maps because they are running a particular build, or they are trying to collect achievements.

Honestly, if you don't want to deal with map offerings, you should bring sacrifical wards.

A bigger problems with map offerings is people who dodge during the loading screen though. It's to the point where all offerings should just be secret, or revealed AFTER the game has started and there is a penalty for DCing. It's really not fair to unplug your router while the game is loading over an offering and make everyone queue up again.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

I don't think that is too unfair to dodge that way... If the survivors want to send the killer to eyrie or garden of joy or the game or whatever stupid map is currently broken or unfun then they cannot really complain if the killer does not want to be bullied... Or remember some time ago where people used garden of joy just to hold the killer hostage by going outside of the boundaries of the map... In that case you are forced to DC anyway, so might as well do it before loading in...

• YamamuraVideoRentals
    YamamuraVideoRentals Member Posts: 121

What you're talking about is overall game and map design and exploits. That is an issue for devs to rectify, but otherwise shouldn't have any relevance to map offerings.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Well usually map offerings are used to go to really strong maps for the side that uses them (unless you have an achievement to go for, or a specific quest or what not, but the majority will just send you to busted maps). And in the case of those before mentioned maps you already know that you will have a miserable time, unless you play a really strong killer. Sure that should be fixed by the devs, but the issue is if maps were not as different in strength and balance map offerings would not be an issue... But the point is in a game where you have the same chance to go to a map as busted as badham or garden of joy as you have to go to a map like rancid abattoir, those offerings can never be balanced. As they have way too big of an effect over the match result...