Whose excited for Moonrise?

Options

Feng's outfit looks amazing and the new event objective sounds cool!

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    I really cant wait for it. Feng's dress looks amazing. And events are always an incentive to deviate from the everyday matches.
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options
     :) 
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    What is it?
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Boss said:

I don't really care, this event contains nothing i want.
    Plus Survivors who wanna play normally will probably be screwed over again by the event players in some way.
    They always find a way to...

Same, during the event I will probably play killer 100% of the time, unless the lobby times are insanely long again 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I'll probably be a nice killer for a majority of the event... Maybe... Probably... I'm at least 20% sure I will.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

Don't really care for the outfits since I player none of those characters but I'm excited to see the added objective!

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

As long as we don't have a repeat of The Hallowed Blight event then I'm very excite as well.

• BlackendSea
    BlackendSea Member Posts: 49
    Options
    I don’t play those characters but I’ll end up getting the outfits anyway XD
    if there’s more people playing killer then hopefully I’ll get more lobbies as survivor 
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,995
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:

sniff thank god we have another feng main

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

Will definitely give it a go.

Looking at the wiki I get the impression that playing survivor will be more lucrative on average?

Escape with a vessel gives you 20 points and each gen done gives every(?) survivor 4.

Killers get 1 for a hook and 3 for destroying a vessel.

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92
    Options

I just want the Feng cosmetic, been waiting so long for her to get a nice looking one. It's a shame cause she's my main (and my only P3 character).. Been playing more Tapp lately while waiting on her getting one.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    Only if there's going to be extra BP.
  • Hoodied
    Options

@Sel said:
    I just want the Feng cosmetic, been waiting so long for her to get a nice looking one. It's a shame cause she's my main (and my only P3 character).. Been playing more Tapp lately while waiting on her getting one.

good child, we want more feng mains and not more meg mains out there

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019
    Options

Any links to the outfits?

Been looking but can't find them.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Undecided yet. It all depends on how long the grind is. I might be getting only Huntress skin or skip it entirely.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

@TheBean said:
    Any links to the outfits?

Been looking but can't find them.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Moonrise

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Yeah
    I'll be going for Feng Min's Cosmetic

• Hoodied
    Options

@I_am_Negan said:
    Yeah

we need to have a post, for everyone who is a feng main or going for fengs next cosmetic

• I_am_Negan
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@I_am_Negan said:
    Yeah

we need to have a post, for everyone who is a feng main or going for fengs next cosmetic

I use to main her back when I first got the game

• Hoodied
    Options

@I_am_Negan said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@I_am_Negan said:
    Yeah

I mained her in 1.9.0 and above, started with ace then laurie

• I_am_Negan
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@I_am_Negan said:
    Yeah

I mained her in 1.9.0 and above, started with ace then laurie

I got the game before curtain call released on the Ps4 so that's when I mained her then nea. And know I'm a Kate main

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I'm excited for the event itself, the objectives, and that's about it because I don't play those characters.

I just hope the new Objectives for Survivors the Devs spoke of several streams ago were not restricted to events only. I really want more objectives in the base game. Maybe switch Gens with something else for more variety from match to match, Gens in this one, some else in the other etc.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019
    Options
    As of right now I’m excited. However that could change depending on how many points we have to get to earn a coin and how many coins we need to get a cosmetic piece. I don’t want Moonrise to be a super grindy event, but I also don’t want it to be a super short event. Going by the wiki page, I’m assuming that we can earn coins as either side instead of being forced to play them both (like how the Hallowed Blight worked before the devs changed it).

Also, I’m hoping hooks won’t be able to be sabotaged again just for the duration of the event (or give them a base Hangman’s Trick).
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@SnakeSound222 said:
    As of right now I’m excited. However that could change depending on how many points we have to get to earn a coin and how many coins we need to get a cosmetic piece. I don’t want Moonrise to be a super grindy event, but I also don’t want it to be a super short event. Going by the wiki page, I’m assuming that we can earn coins as either side instead of being forced to play them both (like how the Hallowed Blight worked before the devs changed it).

Also, I’m hoping hooks won’t be able to be sabotaged again just for the duration of the event (or give them a base Hangman’s Trick).

To my understanding Killer hooks will remain untouched and irrelevant to this events objective.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Brady said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

To my understanding Killer hooks will remain untouched and irrelevant to this events objective.

The wiki says that Killers have to hook Survivors in order for the vessels to become corrupted so the Killer can destroy them. They also get points for hooking the Survivor. How are Killers supposed to get points and corrupt the vessels if all of the hooks are destroyed or too far away? 
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:

idk why everyone always gets excited about these small events.
    Theyre always the same and hardly ever change up the formula DRAMATICALLY.
    Last event just made all survivors focus on the side objectives cause we all wanted free outfits, that's us just playing out of greed.
    What i'm looking for is an actual new improved game mode/objective for these types of events, for example:

3 survivors have to protect 1 person from the killer but every other survivor has a debuff on gens but the main survivor who has to be protected can apply buffs for the team to finish gens or something.
    Hell they can make it even silly and make the main survivor who has to be protected Dwight and call it
    "Dwight Must Die" Mode

Just give us something that hasnt been a recycled game mode.
    The only reason why people care for these events for about 5 days is for the unlockable skins, extra bloodpoints, and seasonal event items (like firecrackers during the first New Year event.)

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

Feng is bae. Shes the only character I have all perks on. And one of 3 characters I have all cosmetics for. Though I made a new eyars resolution to never spend money on cosmetics anymore. Still have enough Cells for some content other than that I hope its earnable in the future for Feng.

• borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Anyone know which day it’s coming out?
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

Also, does anyone know how many outfits we will be able to get with only the Golden Coins? Last event we were able to get 2/7 outfits but since we only have 3 I'm assuming we can only get 1 full set.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Options
    Boss said:

Plus Survivors who wanna play normally will probably be screwed over again by the event players in some way.

Same, during the event I will probably play killer 100% of the time, unless the lobby times are insanely long again 
    Bro you KNOW they will be

• Fenrir
    Options

Also, does anyone know how many outfits we will be able to get with only the Golden Coins? Last event we were able to get 2/7 outfits but since we only have 3 I'm assuming we can only get 1 full set.

My bet is like one item
  • apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:

You will be able to get 9 items/3 full sets.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/40632/moonrise-lunar-new-year-event-announcement

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

Feng is bae. Shes the only character I have all perks on. And one of 3 characters I have all cosmetics for. Though I made a new eyars resolution to never spend money on cosmetics anymore. Still have enough Cells for some content other than that I hope its earnable in the future for Feng.

See, I like Feng and her backstory. Could you, as a Feng Main, convince me to join your ranks? So far I have Claudette P3 with all perks, Kate P3 with nearly all perks, Nea P1, Meg 1/2 to P2 and P1 Spirit.
  • Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

@Fenrir said:
    Salty_Pearl said:

My bet is like one item

its confirmed theres more then just 3 outfits guys, i can't remember who else is getting outfits but i know wraith was confirmed. do hope you realise that this was just the stuff dug up from ptb digging

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Me!! Though I'm dreading the whole 'work against the other side' thing, I'm worried about the toxicity rising
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options
    I will be one of those “Event focused” survivors. I dislike all of the cosmetics she has right now so there is no way in Hell that I’ll give that outfit up. Unless, of course, Ace is a cutie in-game. Can’t wait to dress Nurse up though. Might give me some motivation to play her again, even though playing as her recently has caused me a lot of stress.
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Can't say i'm all to excited for it.

• SirenwithanX
    SirenwithanX Member Posts: 17
    Options

I'm super excited for moonrise! Been waiting for a competition between killer and surv in an event for a while.

Also Feng's outfit looks AMAZEBALLS!

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Boss said:

Yup, same here. It's always the same #########.

• Fenrir
    Options

@Fenrir said:
    Salty_Pearl said:

My bet is like one item

its confirmed theres more then just 3 outfits guys, i can't remember who else is getting outfits but i know wraith was confirmed. do hope you realise that this was just the stuff dug up from ptb digging

Im saying one is only going to be free
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

What's the new objective?

• Hoodied
    Options

@Shadoureon said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

chuckles who keeps their new year resolution anyways, its gonna be a steam sale up in here

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@Bongbingbing said:
    Don't really care for the outfits since I player none of those characters but I'm excited to see the added objective!

After how the Hallowed Blight event really hurt the game's balance, I'm personally not excited for the new objective at all.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Poweas said:

Same as the halloween one. Pick flowers or some other reskin version of it.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@se05239 said:

@Poweas said:

Same as the halloween one. Pick flowers or some other reskin version of it.

Actually it seems the objectives are different. Survivors are working against the killer and visa versa. Survivors have to do the new objectives while the killers have to destroy them. From how that sounds, it seems like hooks are no longer necessary.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

@ad19970 said:

@Bongbingbing said:

After how the Hallowed Blight event really hurt the game's balance, I'm personally not excited for the new objective at all.

This seems a little different, you get points for playing normally as well as the new objective which is for survivor and for killer this time.

The Entity adds 2 Lunar Vessels to the Trials by default. Survivors can pick them up and escape the Trial with them to earn points towards Golden Coins. When a Killer hooks a Survivor, all Vessels become corrupted temporarily and any Vessel carried by a Survivor is returned to its starting point. While the Vessels are corrupted, the Killer can destroy them for points towards Golden Coins. The number of generated Vessels can be increased by using the Red Envelope Offering that was already obtainable during the Howling Grounds Event of 2018.

Players can find and burn the Red Envelope, calling upon The Entity for additional Vessels, up to a total of 7 Lunar Vessels.

The gathered Points will be used to fill the Moon, which will then be turned into a Golden Coin, with which one can unlock the Moonrise Cosmetics for up to 9 outfit pieces.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@Bongbingbing said:

@ad19970 said:

@Bongbingbing said:

This seems a little different, you get points for playing normally as well as the new objective which is for survivor and for killer this time.

The Entity adds 2 Lunar Vessels to the Trials by default. Survivors can pick them up and escape the Trial with them to earn points towards Golden Coins. When a Killer hooks a Survivor, all Vessels become corrupted temporarily and any Vessel carried by a Survivor is returned to its starting point. While the Vessels are corrupted, the Killer can destroy them for points towards Golden Coins. The number of generated Vessels can be increased by using the Red Envelope Offering that was already obtainable during the Howling Grounds Event of 2018.

Players can find and burn the Red Envelope, calling upon The Entity for additional Vessels, up to a total of 7 Lunar Vessels.

The gathered Points will be used to fill the Moon, which will then be turned into a Golden Coin, with which one can unlock the Moonrise Cosmetics for up to 9 outfit pieces.

Oh hmm that does indeed sound interesting. Stil scared it will hurt the balance of the game, but it could be a nice addition as well. We'll see.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

@Maelstrom10 said:

@Fenrir said:
    Salty_Pearl said:

My bet is like one item

Do you know what Wraith's looks like? or do you know where it was confirmed?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

@Fenrir said:
    Salty_Pearl said:

My bet is like one item

Do you know what Wraith's looks like? or do you know where it was confirmed?

I only remember the headpiece, but it was one of those opera masks, white and covers only the left/right side of the face.
    Hilarious.