Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Camping / Getting Tunneled Off The Hook PSA

13»

Comments

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019

My point is that it's not fun for survivors to die on their first hook, tunneling is a legitimate strategy and there's nothing to discourage it which means it happens all the time and causes toxicity.

Once again you have failed to point out a flaw in my argument.

My point is what is or isn't fun to survivors means absolutely nothing. Repeatedly chasing the same survivor through loops and pallets is not fun. Losing isn't fun. Survivors fun is not a speck more important or relevant than a killers fun. The game produces unfun moments for both sides and personal skill determines who is going to have that occur the least. Not hard coded 2nd chance mechanics.

The flaw in your argument is that you believe your fun is relevant to the balance of the game or workable mechanics. It isn't and is nothing more than an emotive meme.

• SpongeBob420Pants
    SpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118

@Tucking_Friggered said:

My point is that it's not fun for survivors to die on their first hook, tunneling is a legitimate strategy and there's nothing to discourage it which means it happens all the time and causes toxicity.

My point is what is or isn't fun to survivors means absolutely nothing. Repeatedly chasing the same survivor through loops and pallets is not fun. Losing isn't fun. Survivors fun is not a speck more important or relevant than a killers fun. The game produces unfun moments for both sides and personal skill determines who is going to have that occur the least. Not hard coded 2nd chance mechanics.

The flaw in your argument is that you believe your fun is relevant to the balance of the game or workable mechanics. It isn't and is nothing more than an emotive meme.

I've stated multiple times I play rank 1/red rank every month with both killer and survivor. I've also stated that I'd be happy for killers to get buffed in anyway that seems appropriate. Your statement "what is or isn't fun to survivors means absolutely nothing" proves you are unfit to have a discussion on how to improve the game. The game should be fun for both sides and dying to 1 hook isn't. If the killer needs a buff to compensate my idea then so be it, that doesn't change the fact that the killer playing in the objectively best way to win (remove a survivor from the game as quickly as possible to stop gen pressure) causes at least 1 survivor to have a bad time and is a huge factor in the overall toxicity of the game.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

@RoKrueger said:
    I have a better idea: Don't get caught

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Camping sucks--but tunneling? I'm not sure that's a thing, unless it's one killer that follows you through your games. I think it's more likely that someone that has been hooked once or twice is just a weaker link, and so the killer is more likely to chase them given the option.

• SpongeBob420Pants

@mintchapstick said:
    Camping sucks--but tunneling? I'm not sure that's a thing, unless it's one killer that follows you through your games. I think it's more likely that someone that has been hooked once or twice is just a weaker link, and so the killer is more likely to chase them given the option.

Tunneling is the goal of removing a specific person from the game as quickly as possible and is the best way to win as killer. An example I already gave twice is losing 1 chase, getting hooked, receiving an unsafe hook rescue (being unhooked in front of the killer), immediately being downed and rehooked and then getting camped till dead. In this scenario you die to 1 chase simply because your teammate played bad and the killer is trying to win. This type of experience usually creates toxicity and is usually directed to the killer (even though the survivor teammate is probably more at fault). Without a mechanic in place to prevent this from happening it will continue to happen and will continue to create toxicity which this game could do without.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

I've stated multiple times I play rank 1/red rank every month with both killer and survivor. I've also stated that I'd be happy for killers to get buffed in anyway that seems appropriate. Your statement "what is or isn't fun to survivors means absolutely nothing" proves you are unfit to have a discussion on how to improve the game. The game should be fun for both sides and dying to 1 hook isn't. If the killer needs a buff to compensate my idea then so be it, that doesn't change the fact that the killer playing in the objectively best way to win (remove a survivor from the game as quickly as possible to stop gen pressure) causes at least 1 survivor to have a bad time and is a huge factor in the overall toxicity of the game.

No, I'm perfectly fit for balance discussions because I don't try and bring up what I play, as just about everyone plays both sides to some degree, to try and substitute for an argument. Tunneling the weakest is a part of the game. You not liking it or not having fun is 100% irrelevant to whether it is balanced or how it should play out.

There is no way to make every situation fun. Fun to me is hooking you and making sure you die. Not after 3 chances, but 1. You state that dying to 1 hook isn't fun. We are at an impasse. And that is why you are wrong and there is no negotiation or middle ground to be had. If you loop me for 3 minutes I'm camping you for three minutes. Win or lose. If you should so happen to be rescued and I can help it, I'm immediately downing you again to further shorten how long it is before you are gone.

You playing rank 1 means absolutely nothing at all. It just means you have nothing better to do with your time than sit around and play dead by daylight all month long. It does not put you in a position to arbitrate what is or isn't fun to everyone nor does it grant IQ in terms of understanding balance. At best it gives you muscle memory and map acclimation. And that's about it.

To further support my point, you claim tunneling sucks and I'm assuming are willing to concede three chances per survivor is not tenable for killer gameplay. So how about we remove mori addons and once you are hooked the next time you are downed you are eligible to be mori'd? Then there is plenty of time to avoid tunneling and the killer no longer has to feel like immediately removing one is how best to slow the game down.

Stating a killer needs a buff to compensate does not make your idea fair or balanced nor add to it's appeal. It just makes it appear as if you're willing to dangle a carrot of worthless rhetoric as you demand a free 2nd or 3rd chance.

• Tucking_Friggered

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

Just because it sucks and isn't fun doesn't mean it's a broken mechanic that needs to be fixed. It's part of the game. Getting hooked sucks, period. Getting looped sucks and so does getting pallet stunned or flashlight blinded. They are still not broken mechanics just because it sucks when it happens to you.

"It sucks and isn't fun but it's ok because it isn't broken". Sorry but that's just stupid, the game should be fun and balanced.

Getting looped doesn't suck, the chase is the best aspect of the game for both killer and survivor and anyone complaining about pallet loops doesn't appreciate the chase or the mind games involved.

Getting blinded can be annoying but it should only work if you're locked in animation of pallet break/vault, when picking someone up just face a wall.

*Edit: Typo

This post right here is where everyone can just stop bothering. You have no appreciation for anyone else but yourself, will never have an idea taken seriously by the community or devs, and are frankly a waste of energy.
    Have a great day.

• SpongeBob420Pants

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

Just because it sucks and isn't fun doesn't mean it's a broken mechanic that needs to be fixed. It's part of the game. Getting hooked sucks, period. Getting looped sucks and so does getting pallet stunned or flashlight blinded. They are still not broken mechanics just because it sucks when it happens to you.

"It sucks and isn't fun but it's ok because it isn't broken". Sorry but that's just stupid, the game should be fun and balanced.

Getting looped doesn't suck, the chase is the best aspect of the game for both killer and survivor and anyone complaining about pallet loops doesn't appreciate the chase or the mind games involved.

Getting blinded can be annoying but it should only work if you're locked in animation of pallet break/vault, when picking someone up just face a wall.

*Edit: Typo

This post right here is where everyone can just stop bothering. You have no appreciation for anyone else but yourself, will never have an idea taken seriously by the community or devs, and are frankly a waste of energy.
    Have a great day.

Playing both killer and survivor and enjoying the chase aspect on both sides means I "have no appreciation for anyone but myself"? If I'm a waste of energy then you are a waste of oxygen.

You disagree with my solution yet you continue to fail at disproving my diagnosis.

• Tucking_Friggered

@SpongeBob420Pants said:
    Playing both killer and survivor and enjoying the chase aspect on both sides means I "have no appreciation for anyone but myself"? If I'm a waste of energy then you are a waste of oxygen.

You disagree with my solution yet you continue to fail at disproving my diagnosis.

You aren't getting a free out. Deal with it.