Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Too many smurfs

2»

Comments

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

The Amount of Smurfs is because of this No Perks, No Items Challenge going around.

See the person that is actually doing the challenge, will typically recruit a few friends to smurf for him/her with full meta perks, and items just to get that boost through the ranks.

The real issue is they need to add a security measure that keeps people from save file tampering to lower there rank.

Like say if the Cloud or whatever notices you logged off at rank 8 then were suddenly rank 20 when you logged back in, should be an auto ban.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2019

Every toxic survivor "I just want to have fun, therefore I Derank"
    Because stomping people who can't play is fun I guess? Instead of a challenge.

Also every toxic survivor "Rank doesn't mean anything"
    But if rank means nothing? Then why Derank? It couldn't possibly be that, ranked does in fact, hold some kind of standard, as small as it may be, to the point where, more often than not, better killers, therefore "less fun" killers are at higher ranks, where the less experienced killers or "fun killers" are at the lower ranks. No, that couldn't possible be right?

Don't take this the wrong way, there are many toxic killers that do the very same and every word I said above goes for them as well.

Rank does actually mean something, regardless of what you may think it actually means. You will more often than not, run into better killers/survivors at higher ranks, and less experience killers/survivors at lower ranks.

But with the way the ranking system is handled and how easy it is to rank up, plus SWF being a thing, and also crutch perks I.E. DS for survivors and NOed for killers, allow less experienced survivors and killers alike to be at ranks they should not be at for their skill.

This is just how it is. As for a fix? Not a damn clue.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Chi said:

@PiiFree said:

@Ray_Penber said:
    I actually happen to agree with Onionthing. I suck as a survivor, yet all you have to do to rank up is run from the killer for 30 seconds, do a couple of gens, and save a person. Not that hard to do. I can't loop killers very well or 360 them. So as for me, I very much like the green ranks. I am very comfortable there and I still lose a lot. I used to be in the purple ranks and barely escaped at all. However, I still ranked up. Their whole system is absurd. I do not belong in the purple or red ranks. I am not ready for them yet. I am waiting until I can properly loop and 360. Then possibley I will go into those ranks. For now I will continue to depip.

All you do is looking for excuses to not play in Rank 1. You don't "learn how to play in Rank 1" without actually playing there, all you do is boost your skill towards "ready for rank 1" while stomping rank 10.

Getting ready for rank 1 is a process that happens when actually playing there. You might find yourself in the absolute lowest skill bracket of a certain rank and then move your way to the top. In Dead by Daylight there are only 2 meaningful ranks: Rank 1 and Rank 20, the ranks in between just represent the time you've spent so far on your way to Rank 1. In Rank 1 you'll find players of low skill that barely managed to get there (maybe someone like you) and you'll find players that play nothing but Rank 1. Of course there is a HUGE skill gap in between and of course the matchmaking is absolute garbage, I totally agree but what you experience in Rank 1 (people stomping you) is exactly what Rank 1 players do to the players in the Rank 10s by depipping.

I wouldn't say YOU personally are a problem (or anyone else here) because technically what you do is refuse to "git gud". However, the numerous streamers and other players with literally thousands of hours - the already "got gud" ones - that purposely depip to play in low ranks. Those ruin the experience for actually lower experienced players that never even smelled rank 1.

Are there any streamers that actually play in low ranks?

Jendenise (used to?) regularly derank by DCing and stomp low rank killers with her SWF which caused the whole derankign discussion in the forums

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@PiiFree said:

@Ray_Penber said:
    I actually happen to agree with Onionthing. I suck as a survivor, yet all you have to do to rank up is run from the killer for 30 seconds, do a couple of gens, and save a person. Not that hard to do. I can't loop killers very well or 360 them. So as for me, I very much like the green ranks. I am very comfortable there and I still lose a lot. I used to be in the purple ranks and barely escaped at all. However, I still ranked up. Their whole system is absurd. I do not belong in the purple or red ranks. I am not ready for them yet. I am waiting until I can properly loop and 360. Then possibley I will go into those ranks. For now I will continue to depip.

All you do is looking for excuses to not play in Rank 1. You don't "learn how to play in Rank 1" without actually playing there, all you do is boost your skill towards "ready for rank 1" while stomping rank 10.

Getting ready for rank 1 is a process that happens when actually playing there. You might find yourself in the absolute lowest skill bracket of a certain rank and then move your way to the top. In Dead by Daylight there are only 2 meaningful ranks: Rank 1 and Rank 20, the ranks in between just represent the time you've spent so far on your way to Rank 1. In Rank 1 you'll find players of low skill that barely managed to get there (maybe someone like you) and you'll find players that play nothing but Rank 1. Of course there is a HUGE skill gap in between and of course the matchmaking is absolute garbage, I totally agree but what you experience in Rank 1 (people stomping you) is exactly what Rank 1 players do to the players in the Rank 10s by depipping.

I wouldn't say YOU personally are a problem (or anyone else here) because technically what you do is refuse to "git gud". However, the numerous streamers and other players with literally thousands of hours - the already "got gud" ones - that purposely depip to play in low ranks. Those ruin the experience for actually lower experienced players that never even smelled rank 1.

Jendenise (used to?) regularly derank by DCing and stomp low rank killers with her SWF which caused the whole derankign discussion in the forums

I watch her, and she doesn't DC to the low ranks?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@PiiFree said:

@Ray_Penber said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@PiiFree said:

@Ray_Penber said:

I cant tell whether she still does it, but a few months ago she regularly deranked into the green ranks or lower before she started streaming.