My Event is being ruined.

2»

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Might be, but how much more likely does it happen against Skull Merchant?

Well they don't need to do anything, that is something the devs have to decide whether they want to keep such things in or not… But ofc it would be the better option to have bots… Even though winning a game with a bot is not much easier than without a 4th survivor at all, so the difference is only slightly more in their favor.

I mean, if you asked people if it is allright to DC against skull merchant you would probably have the majority say yes, so I am not too sure about that one ^^

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

This literally doesnt help your argument at all. It literally cost under 30k to get a cake on the killer side. And if you dont have the effort to do that while everyone brings cake, dont be mad ifone person leaves.

And yea, ive had very few survivors who brought envelopes or cakes for themselves. But not like i care if im killer and get the most points anyways by default even if i win or lose.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited June 16

So basically the killer is only allowed to play who they're actively spending BP on for the event and should bring in a cobbler every match or the survivors have a right to leave and waste everyone's offerings and time.

But for the survivors bringing in an offering just for them the killer shouldn't care and it's perfectly fine.

Typical survivor double standards and killer policing.

Also I never said I was "mad", just people are being petty about it. As you're showing.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

You can read the things people say about Skull Merchant and see how much of it just isn't true.

I recognise that simply brushing off repeated complaints immediately and without consideration would be a bad thing, and absent context it might look like I'm doing that, but at some point you have to call a spade a spade. Common sentiments aren't automatically correct just because they're common, and people aren't always rational, especially in large groups. At some stage that does just have to be acknowledged.

• jesterkind

You read the part in this thread where I said I haven't been playing Skull Merchant, right?

I don't play her often because people are irrational and act like personal dislike is a good reason to give up against her regularly.

• Mortecaii
    Mortecaii Member Posts: 64

Good. You play Skull Merchant. I'd just KMS or DC on sight. Such a pos killer that should've never made it to the live game.

• Mortecaii
    Mortecaii Member Posts: 64

I'd much rather go against a Nurse or Blight than a Skull merchant literally any day of the week. At least those killers take skill and are fun to play against.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 962

killer that should've never made it to the live game.

100% agreed.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    edited June 17

Nothing wrong with a lil pettiness. Also given that the killer has the privilege to control the flow of the match and bloodpoints, i think my stance is more justified. A killer can camp and tunnel out a survivor and they get a mere fraction of points to their other teammates that survived longer. A killer can leave if they want to if they dont see a full cake lobby. But dont expect a lot of sympathy from most ppl in the community when it comes to unfair treatment towards the killer when it comes to anything involving bloodpoint offerings etc. By default, killers reap the most points in a match anyways as they should

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 348

"Your" event? There's four other people in the match with you. Stop being so entitled.

• jesterkind

The same could, and should, be said of any player that immediately gives up.

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 197

If a player is being tunneled out or proxy facecamped why shouldnt they the game is not fun for them.

• jesterkind

Because their team is still dependent on them?

Don't get me wrong, in those scenarios I wouldn't judge as harshly, but they are still screwing over their team by leaving. I also did specify immediately, though; if you give up just because of the killer being played or because you're the first one chased/downed, and you don't DC to give your team the DC bot, that is what I'm criticising.

• Archol123

Why should they care about their team? It is 4 seperate 1v1s, and oftentimes people argue that they don't want to risk going down to go for a safe or prioritizing themselves over thir mates, because that is what the game wants them to do... And the devs also pointed out that they don't want to force people to play a certain way... So once again, why exactly should they care about their team? The game for sure does not give them an incentive to do so... Unless you want to come up with general empathy because those are people as well that just want to have fun we would still need to discuss why their fun is more important than the fun of that one player...

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 197

In the games event wise I have been playing the Killer is the one that keeps ruining the fun. They run the sweatiest tier level perks and addons and proceed to destroy the game because survivors are more focused on Event BP not genrushing and bullying the killer leading to only 1-2 gens done and killer 4K easily. Also since the killer is trying to end the game early all of us are getting low BP including the killer leading to why are we playing 5 event Cobblers in the first place since the Killer wants to have zero fun just be as toxic as possible.

• jesterkind

When you queue up to play a multiplayer game, and when you leaving that game partway through would ruin the experience for the others, you are under an obligation to not leave partway through unless there's some genuine extenuating circumstance.

This isn't a new or novel position, nor does it just apply to DBD. When you show up to a group activity, you do so with the implied agreement that you'll engage with that group activity.

How responsible you are for the fun of other players is a different topic, but you do have some responsibility to uphold the game actually getting to happen at all in the first place. Obviously if you have to step away for some genuine irl situation, that's different, and it's why DC penalties exist as they do; you won't be affected if you just leave one game every once in a while, but serially leaving and screwing over every other player - teammates and opponent - will accrue a noticeable penalty.

It's a good system, and it being possible to circumvent it is a problem.

• Archol123

No you are not, you are free to leave the game at any point in time if you want to, you only need to be OK with the consequences the game offers, there is no obligation whatsoever to stay in the game. The DC penalty is only supposed to keep you in it, but if you don't want to that is fine, that's why the leave button exists.

Sure, but even in real life you can leave when you don't want to, and all that happens is that you need to deal with the consequences the other people or game itself provide. Nobody can force you to stay and there is nothing morally wrong with not continuing to do something you don't want to do anymore.... Maybe your friends won't invite you anymore, but if you are OK with that you can leave.

Well with that reasoning a DC penalty should not apply when you have a genuine reason, but this does not get checked in any way, it is obviously not possible to check that either, but if the reason for the DC does not get checked then the reason does not matter, all that matters is the frequency, how often does somebody DC, nobody cares for the reason though.

Sure I guess, let's remove 4 % then... Oh wait people can still just run back or stay at hook and just downed and hooked again, all it takes is a bit more time.. Don't get me wrong I do think 4% along with some other rng stuff should removed, but I don't think you will find a way to prevent people from just running into the killer to get out of the game, no matter what you do, that is just the nature of the game...

• jesterkind

I'm not sure what you're arguing against here?

My position has pretty much solely been criticising player actions, I haven't really made any pushes for the devs to do something about it.

Also, yes, you are free to leave as long as you face the appropriate consequences for it, which subverting the DC penalty system is avoiding. DC if you want, but it should be a DC.

I don't know what BHVR can do to enforce that. Probably nothing. But I know that I can criticise the players who choose to avoid the system in place they're supposed to use when leaving games.

• Archol123

Suffer the consequences that the game provides, which in our case is nothing because you can killer yourself on hook.

Sure, they are supposed to do that, but why would they? They have 0 incentive to do so, they even get a penalty if they do… Realistically for them there is no benefit to DC instead of ending themselves on hook.

Sure man you can critisize everything and everyone, but you cannot really blame them for doing that, because like I said, there is no incentive for them to behave in the way you want them to behave.