Something needs to be done about the event

Options
ChurchofPig
ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,739
edited June 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is a rant, I'm saying it now because some things in here are ideas that literally sound like they're coming from someone upset and they are. They can be taken seriously, then can not be taken seriously, it does not matter.

The event queue was, at least theoretically, made so that people who wanted to play regular dbd didn't have to interfere with those who wanted to have fun and play the event. However, I can count on one hand how many times as survivor a killer did not camp, tunnel, or slug starting at 5 generators during the event. I play both sides so I really don't want to hear about "think of the killers' or "Oh but the challenges xyz" not a single challenge in the event tome says "Slaughter all 4 survivors at 5 generators no exceptions or your gaming pc/console is going to explode" because that's how killers are acting during this event. I believe right now, if you can prove the killer saw a different survivor but still chose to tunnel, then that killer should be banned from the event queue for however long, obviously not the entire time because limited stuff and things, but there should be a real penalty.

I have found between playing both sides of this event, both killer and survivor, the only side there's an active struggle on that hasn't just come down to "get better" is survivor. 99.9% of the issues I've seen from the killer side have legitimately just come down to "I could be better at patrolling" or "I should have dropped a chase sooner". Maybe that's me.

Sorry to the killers that are genuinely being wholesome and fun or just being normal and not a complete douche to face, but these are my legitimate feelings on the matter. If we're going to have a queue dedicated to the event and doing event stuff, people shouldn't have to deal with others sweating so much. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna switch to killer because I'm done with the other killer players today, you all are being insufferable.

Anyways that's my rant for now, thank you for listening. I feel better.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ChurchofPig
    Options

EXACTLY! At least half the rounds I had even just today as survivor ended with me getting less than 100k points or barely getting it, even with a 150% bonus and 5 event offerings, THAT SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE in the event queue that from what they said during the anniversary stream wasn't made to be a sweaty mess like many killers are treating it. Take that to the regular queue. I don't necessarily want to farm every game, but not getting tunneled and camped out with 5 generators remaining because "Oh that chase lasted more than 2 seconds" would be nice.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,790
    edited June 17
    Options

I'm not sure what to do with the event at this point. Most of my matches as survivor, I die at five gens left. When I do get a friendly killer, they spend a lot of time standing around watching gens get done and they don't earn many points for it, usually my friend and I are the only ones who offer to be hooked, and I'm bored doing gens and I know the killer is for sure bored watching survivors do gens… I dunno. I wish the event added new gameplay or something casually fun. I could amuse myself sending out ghosts from the Void, I could meme like a crazy person with the Snowmen. This Anniversary event is just hooks and gens, gens and hooks. I can't find casual non-core-gameplay-loop fun with what it gives me. You race against everyone else for Party Totems, if you're lucky you might might find a single Party Chest before the timer is up, and otherwise it's normal gameplay with some magic spells thrown in to confuse everyone who hasn't read the rules to think they're up against a cutthroat hacker.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 306
    Options

So I hear what your saying.

We've just had rank reset (but we don't depip now so don't know why people go hard with that) and there are challenges but like you said nothing at 5 gens.

But to be brutally honest with you, we cannot control the behaviour of other players, we can shine light on it like you have yourself which is good because it gives an indication how players are feeling. But ultimately if you find this mode is really sweaty I'd go back to normal lobbies or take a break from the game.

I personally played a few games of the event and decided I didn't like it and have played normal lobbies.

Does it solve the issues you are raising?, no. But maybe you'll have better games in normal lobbies.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345
    Options

Did you ever consider that i don't want to waste time farming bp with you ?

I dont want to sit here and watch you do gens ?

I usually play fair, going for 12 hooks if i can and if the pace of the game permits it. If i see that i got 2 hooks with 2 gens done, yeah, im gonna try a little harder because im at a clear disadvantage and i still want to win

Sometimes, it happens that i stumble on the same person multiple times. Thats unlucky but i wont just ignore you and go to the other side of the map to hope to find someone (i do it when game is clearly one sided and i want to have some fun).

I'll give you hatch if i feel like giving you hatch.

It's not being a douchebag, its just playing the game. I play in the event mode because i find it fun. It doesn't mean that i want tofool around for 20 min, i want to actually play.

Don't expect people to play as you want them to. Expect them to play how the games allows it.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 740
    Options

I usually play fair, going for 12 hooks

Then this post is obviously not referring to you?

• Souplet
    edited June 17
    Options

I get games where i go extra hard because survivors go extra hard, or i just had a game where i felt miserable. It happens to all of us so yeah, it does.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

However, I can count on one hand how many times as survivor a killer did
    not camp, tunnel, or slug starting at 5 generators during the event.

Is that any different than the normal games? And how would you expect that BHVR could make secure that it is not happening in the furture??

not a single challenge in the event tome says "Slaughter all 4 survivors
    at 5 generators no exceptions or your gaming pc/console is going to
    explode"

If killers have a challenge to hook and kill 4 survivors, they most likely cant afford to wait until you have done 4 gens. I would play hardcore 1 game to get the challenge done once and for all, and then play nice in the remaining games after that.

And how would you expect that BHVR could make secure that it is not happening in the furture??

I believe right now, if you can prove the killer saw a different
    survivor but still chose to tunnel, then that killer should be banned

What about bully swfs ? should they be banned too??

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,375
    edited June 17
    Options

"Ok, I just hooked Meg. Now let me go after Feng."

20 seconds later: "Oh no, Meg just came for a bodyblock. Guess I'll get banned from the event queue for the crime of tunneling?!"

This would never work. I'm not saying that tunneling, camping and slugging during the event are good but honestly both sides still play like it's comp every match and only queue up in the event queue for the extra BP and potentially easier matches. Meaning, players in general are the issue, not one side or the other and doing something about that is way harder than you may think.

To combat this, survivors would need base protection against tunneling (base kit DS or stronger), camping (stronger AFC) and slugging and everyone would need to have random loadouts, so that survivors can't go into a match with 4 BNPs or similarly strong equipment either. This would still be exploitable btw.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 740
    edited June 17
    Options

It happens to all of us

No it doesn't. Why would I turbo tunnel and ruin a bunch of random players' matches just because I had a bad match previously? That would just feel spiteful.

Post edited by OnryosTapeRentals on
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

One thing I will agree about, and it has nothing to do with the event, is that survivors bloodpoint accrual rate is too low compared to killers. It is something that should have been addressed at the start of the game. How things have managed to stay this long is beyond me. Killers only need to do one thing for bloodpoints. Chase and kill survivors which is the only thing they should be doing. But for some reason survivors are expected to do multiple roles throughout a match. It's not like this is even really decided by the survivor. They can be forced into a role by the killer.

If the killer decides that he/she is going to focus on one survivor then it doesn't matter how good that survivor might be. They aren't getting any time doing coop actions or generators. Likewise, if the other survivors are doing nothing but playing around with the killer then someone has to work gens but you'll cap out on objective bloodpoints after a while and then what? Just work the gens for 0 bloodpoints. Survivors shouldn't have a bloodpoint cap per category. They should just have a match cap. Problem solved.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,877
    Options

No one is asking to farm with you.

No one is asking you to sit and watch people do gens.

"I usually play fair, going for 12 hooks if i can and if the pace of the game permits it"

That's pretty much all that is being asked.

• Souplet
    Options

The dont bring gen rushing build

Dont bring bnp and comodious

Dont go bodyblocking me when you got unhooked

Its a double edged sword

• Sweetprey
    Sweetprey Member Posts: 2
    Options

Honestly, I play with my kid and he's been hyping up the anniversary event as a great way to have fun, rack up BP and level up prestige on survivors.

I am utterly disappointed in the experience of this event, though. Just in the last hour of playing solo queue survivor, I've had only one killer player that wasn't an absolute nonce. My very first match ended with me being hooked and killed after being ratted out by another player to the killer, and having the killer player accusing me of being useless and hiding all game despite me getting every unhook and helping complete two gens because they hadn't actually found me before that.

I want to play the event and have fun farming, if I find a chill killer player I will totally give them two hooks at the very least, but I am legit about to just say to hell with it and stick to regular matches. At least there I expect killer players to be aggressive. :/

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

This is exactly what happens when terrible strategies to face stay untouched for way too long, being way too strong for the effort they require.

• Nazzzak
    edited June 17
    Options

I don't do any of that. But everyone can play how they want, including yourself. It's BHVR that folks are asking to work out the logistics of survivors being able to maximise on bp without having to depend on our literal opponent to help us out. You don't have to take it personally. Bloodpoints aren't a finite resource that survivors are trying to take from killers pockets.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 149
    Options

I much prefer the Event Queue both sides, because I like the mechanics and uniqueness of it.

However, BHVR really, REALLY needs to learn that "hooks and gens for extra BP" is NOT a good game mode and NOT incentive for non-sweat. If anything it makes everyone sweat even harder because now BP is on the line.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 626
    Options

You say "if the pace of the game permits it". Who determines that? How? If three gens pop in my first chase am I allowed to get a survivor out of the game? That survivor absolutely, under no circumstances would not think to themselves "oh, I understand. The killer has to slow down the game somehow". Never. Survivors are utterly incapable of that sort of empathy.

• Ohyakno
    Options

Make twelve hooking viable for most of the cast then.

• ChurchofPig
    Options

I will be the first to admit that I might have been a little harsh in my post, but I will say I legitimately made it right after a round where I had been tunneled out at 5 gens in the event queue and I wasn't able to do literally anything event related and it had also happened the previous few survivor games before that round either. I could have done a better job of explaining, but I'm mostly talking about in my post about when it happens and there's 4 or 5 generators left and the killer has 1 or 2 hooks and acts like they're already in endgame and if a survivor isn't out in the next 2 seconds then the match is over for them.

Like I said in an earlier comment, I don't want farming games necessarily, but I do want fair games. If the game is fair, and judging by what you said, it sounds like you are. Great! I'm not talking about you because to me, if you're tunneling but there's like 1 or 2 gens left and you have maybe 3 hooks (random number, 2 hooks works too from your example), and you start tunneling. Will I be a little annoyed if I were the survivor? Probably. Will I be annoyed enough that I would even think of making a post like this over it? Absolutely not because in that situation it's fair. I have played a ton of killer so I understand there's a lot of situations where you accidentally tunnel someone because they just happen to be who you find next and can't find anyone else or you're just having an awful match and you're still sitting at 0 hooks with a single gen remaining (happened to me the other day), I get it. It happens. That's not what the killers I'm talking about are doing or in the situation of. I'm talking about the killers who get a hook at 5 gens, then watch the hook from just far enough away that the anti-camp mechanic can't work, see the survivor get unhooked and then goes back after the survivor who just came off hook still at 5 gens (sometimes 4 at this point depending on length of chase and teammates).

There was a match just yesterday (or was it the day before? idk time doesn't matter) where I was facing an Unknown, there were 5 generators left and he hooked me then just slugged everyone around my hook, refused to pick anyone up until I was dead. When that didn't happen and I somehow got saved, they tunneled me and kept the survivors on the floor until they got picked up. All at 5 generators still. That to me is inappropriate behavior and unacceptable in an event alternate game mode. There is no reason to be doing that. Just to give an example.

• Nazzzak
    edited June 17
    Options

I was quoting the person I was replying to. They made that comment. Ask them what they meant by that as I can't read their mind. Obviously the killer makes that judgement call. But, again, it shouldn't be up to killers to have to dictate the flow of the game to ensure survivors get the most out of the event. That's BHVRs job.

• Ohyakno
    Options

Reckon if too many gens get done before the killer has a chance to do stuff, survivors should ease off gens and twirl around in circles or whatever?

Game's asymmetrical, but trying to hamper either side from their objective is one of the few things that cuts both ways. People play how they want. There's another match waiting around the corner.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 180
    Options

As a killer I go into match with friendly attitude, but… if I see people cranking 3 different gens with a guy who loops me well and predrops every possible pallette, I go into same winning mindset and I am not being nice anymore. I want points aswell, I dont want to go out with 15-20k points just because people cranked gens so quickly while I was being nice.

You can't blame only killers for that. Surviviors aren't different, Im telling you. Everyone wants to go in and win the game.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 343
    Options

First of all how would you prove it?

and second: how many people at bhvr do you expect to be only there to check if your "prove" is right? That would take an insane amount of people to get consistently done without waiting-times xD

Besides that you're saying that killers should have to play inefficient to not get a penalty:

If I see a target that's dead and a target on firsthook of course I take the dead person no matter if I'm tunneling or not. It wouldn't make any sense to take the first hook because I don't gain any meaningful preassure from that in contrast to the dead person.

• EliskaMM
    EliskaMM Member Posts: 145
    Options

Sadly every single event the buttholes emerge again and every single event it is pain, mostly for survivors. This event especially is terrible.. Idk if it is bc of the event effects or bc killers just decided to sweat their b4lls of like their life depends on it.. In a mode with no MMR gain.. but hey, I am at the point that I don't even want to play the mode anymore.. Since year 3, I am not bringing any cakes or party streamers, bc there is no point. If BHVRs intentions is to make survivor mains to go killer or stop playing for a while, I think they are doing a great job at it..