The Hag

cclain
cclain Member Posts: 45
edited June 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

can we talk about the Yanks the camera  , i just go in wall 2 time in a row because of that.

Comments

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 845
    edited June 17

The same thing happens to me every time I play against Hag too. I hate the way the camera swings around.

I don't know if there's some counter play to this effect that I haven't learned yet, but I might play against a Hag once a month if I'm lucky. Despite having 1000+ hours in the game, I've had very few opportunities to learn how to play against her.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

That's kinda the point, but you can heavily abuse it.

If you run into trap looking back and holding S, unless she has addon for reduced range / shackles, she is never going to hit you immediately.

Basically trap turns your camera towards the trap and you immediately starts running away. Kinda brainless.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,260
    edited June 17

Yeah, the snapping of the camera is part of her skillcap. Good Hag players will place traps in a way that will force you to run into walls if you don't specifically look at them. The way you counter this is by looking at the traps before they go off, so your camera will not be moved. It can be pretty hard to know where the traps are sometimes, though.

This mechanic can be used in your favour, however, as stated above.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 845
    edited June 17

Actually just had a game against a Hag where she trapped up the open exit gate and of course triggering all her traps pulled the camera in such a way that she could disorientate and then down me. She had Devour Hope and moried me.

Not gonna lie, that was incredibly annoying and frustrating to face. I'm rage quitting from game for the rest of the night after that! Glad I only face this Killer once in a while.