The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My take on the 8.1.0 update

Rlabotath
Rlabotath Member Posts: 125
edited June 25 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know it matters not to most, but here's my two cents:

Knight Changes:

The only changes that I really like are the base-kit MotR and Mead, and the time switch on Carnifex/Jailor. I know what they want Knight to do, but I also know that strategy, at least in his current form prior to these changes, it would never happen. Maybe with the buff to the timer being 1.5x longer it'll allow the Jailor and Assassin to actually get hits more often then not, but if that doesn't work, then it's only effect is going to be making 1 Survivor "stop repairing generators" for 30 ish seconds. And with duo hunting being reduced to 4/4/6 seconds if you're within 8 meters, then it's kind of pointless. Unless you're going to allow the Knight to have more than 1 guard out at a time, he's only going to be able to pincer, which only works in some maps.

Singularity Changes:

This is great for it, making it harder for Survivors to have perfect EMP economy is the best buff they could give without going overboard. Making Family photo base kit is somewhat risky, but we'll see how dangerous when the changes come. Also adding assists for new Singularities is a great change.

Darkness revealed:

Makes sense, it felt mandatory to run Lethal to have any real value from it, so getting a solid buff means we don't have to run it, just can if we want to.

I'm all Ears/Trail of torment/Oppression/Machine Learning:

Making changes to cooldowns that were stupidly long for no reason is amazing. This will diversify builds for Killers since you won't be out of a perk for half the match.

Autodidact:

This perk has always held a niche spot in healing builds, and it's nice to see it get buffed to have similar value, and less of a downside.

Empathic Connection:

This is a great change, the perk has the downside of newer survivors party passing the Killer to you when you are least prepared, so being able to heal MUCH faster.

Iron Will:

Yeah, the nerf to %75 AND requiring not being exhausted was too much, making it practically useless, especially with Stridor being a perk. They had the option to simply remove the exhaustion tag, but this adds more counterplay for Killers, as exhaustion effects can disable it, but if they aren't exhausted, you won't hear them.

resurgence/Solidarity:

I'm on the fence about these. Keep in mind, both perks are countered by Hemorrhage, which is given by almost any combination of Add-ons and Perks. I feel like Solidarity could just be at %100 and have an additional effect, and it would be fine. Maybe for Resurgence, have it just passively make it so your healing can't go below %50 after being unhooked for 90/100/110, even if you get reinjured. Maybe it's too good, but I feel they're weak enough and niche enough that a buff like this, although insanely good, would go under everyone's noes and get lost in the outrage on everything else in this update.

Babysitter:

Damn, this is actually a really good buff. You want to stop a Killer from tunneling, this will do it.

Hook restore after sacrifice:

Yeah, this is kind of needed unfortunately. I say unfortunately because this would be easily solvable by the devs not allowing maps to be RNG fests, and making them more static. If Hook Spawns, Pallets, Loops, and Windows weren't RNG and statically made, Deadzones for both sides would be a thing of the past. I mean, Survivor Dead Zones are almost a thing of the past, as they continue to prefer unsafe filler tiles over strong tiles, so most maps have no real "deadzones" anymore. Keyword is most, some older maps are still problematic.

Yamaoka Variants/Ormond Variants:

Easy way to make new maps, make variants, so no problems there.

Overall; This is a great mid-chapter.

My own request for this mid-chapter:

Make Scourge: Hangman's Trick make Scourge Hooks act like Basement Hooks, unsabotagable and instantly reusable. Increase Survivor Hook Timers on Scourge Hooks by %15/10/5 each stage. Adds the safety of no sabos on Scourge Hooks, but at the cost of a few extra seconds for the Survivor team to react.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Mostly a good run down, but honestly, seeing Iron Will back at 100% really makes me want stop playing, being 100% silent is so strong and most players don't even realise it.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Stealth is very strong yes, to respond to the person above me.

That said I am very excited to see new variants of old maps! I hope some of these even change the size, Ormond and Yamaoka Shrine are larger maps and could do with a reduction or layout change on one variant.

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

yeah it better not variants similar to Badham

• rezor132
    rezor132 Member Posts: 39

I must admit that the changes the devs are going to upload for the knight were inevitable because of his poor gameplay if we consider him as a strategic killer and the fact that the guards won't be able to place just near to a survivor is a great news, it means that finally the knight will be able to play really smart with no need to press double RMB to win a boring chase. I guess with these changes the devs can improve the knight's gameplay more and even allow him to use 3 guards at the same time (as players can switch the guards they need and cannot spam them on one spot). I agree with your takes on the knight changes, it's gonna be a bit strange to play but i guess the devs have chosen the right way to express the knight's essence and we will get more cool changes that will make the knight interesting and convenient to play.