The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Iridescent Shards

I am a casual Dead By Daylight player. I am still a couple hundred hours away from having 1k hours. But even so, I feel like iridescent shards take so long to get. It took me an entire week of casual play (like 2 hours a day tops maybe 3) to get 1k shards. And it doesn't help that the way you get shards, is by leveling up through gaining XP. As someone who is moderately okay at the game and gets tunneled out 8/10 matches, do you really think I level up fast? And maybe the XP system is just as stingy as the iridescent shards system.

Dead by Daylight mobile gets iridescent shards by completing daily rituals, I would LOVE that on the main game. To be honest, I do not bother with the daily rituals, they are not worth it to me. Though if they gave me iridescent shards, I'd actually do them.

And I know you level up so much quicker if you play as killer, but as a survivor main who is scared of touching killer, I wish it was just easier to get the shards as survivor. Killer VS survivor based on how much BP, shards, XP you get and how much easier the challenges are as killer (sometimes) is, imho, a problem on its own.

Maybe you should gain XP quicker, maybe you should get more iridescent shards per level up. Maybe the store cosmetics and shrine of secrets should just be cheaper. (Best believe I pull out the grind for every x2 XP event)

But either way, it is incredibly annoying trying to save up for a cosmetic if you just play the game casually and not play 25/8. Because really? over 20k shards for a whole cosmetic set? I'd be lucky enough to save up to 7500 before getting a perk I want in the shrine of secrets! (And who cycles the perks in the shrine of secrets? Seriously I've seen the same useless Alan Wake, Ellen Ripley and Thalita perks in it more than anyone who actually uses their perks)

Comments

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844

The slow pace of iri shards gain is intentional since every purchase made with iri shards wasn't made with auric cells and therefore the devs get nothing out if it.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,573

BHVR is afraid to make Iri Shards more available because that would make it more difficult to squeeze money out of its players. They can pretend "You don't have to pay, you can grind for it!" even though the grind is thousands of hours long.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If it was easy to acquire BHVR wouldn't make money. They're a company with expenses and employees to pay. The fact that Iri Shards exist at all I think is pretty generous. All things considered I think DBD is pretty cheap to play.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 732
    edited July 1

i still remember when i started playing, it took me 57 gameplay hours (playing only as killer) to get enough shards to buy my first character... it's absurd